PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Grand Prix

Doug Smock
07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
The Atlanta Model Boaters have invited us to run fast electrics at their Grand Prix this weekend.:) We will be running two classes, five heats, over two days.
This will be the first time fast electrics have run at a organized event in Atlanta.

I am hopeful that this will lead to something much larger in the near future.

Wish us luck!!

Doug :)

saleens7
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
good luck.....

ED66677
07-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Atlanta...
I wish I was leaving on the right side of the ocean!:mad:
Actualy the company I work for has a factory in Atlanta, I should ask for a business trip over there!:D

saleens7
07-17-2007, 11:26 AM

hammertime
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
man my step sister just moved there.........wish i would have known sooner i would like to see that and meet new people...........its only about 8 hours away

Doug Smock
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
man my step sister just moved there.........wish i would have known sooner i would like to see that and meet new people...........its only about 8 hours away

Well start planning a visit for next year!!!:D
With any luck at all, this is just the beginning.:cool:
We are trying and have been for some time, to get something going in the south east. There is a door open and we're going for it.;)

Doug

Doug Smock
07-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Man, what a action packed day !!!:D
Everything went pertty well for me. I had two firsts and a DNF with my P-Mono (Titan 29) The DNF because I blew the boat off (got a little too aggresive) on the back straight. The boat landed upright and I thought I was ok. I got back in the throttle and made it around turn three and it was over. I had ripped the servo mount loose.:eek:

In LSH I took two firsts and a second.:)

The better news is that the gas guys REALLY enjoyed us being there.
More than once we heard, d@#& I didn't know those boats were that fast.:)

They are open to getting something together for next year. They prefer a gas FE event much like this one. I like the idea!! GREAT people

I hope some of you guys will make the trip next year. I'll post some pics the first of the week.

Doug

Piranha2
07-21-2007, 10:31 PM
At what speed do you estimate the Titan blowing over???

Doug Smock
07-21-2007, 11:26 PM
At what speed do you estimate the Titan blowing over???

Late 40s early 50s. It was bretty breezy out around turn three which didn't help, but I was pushing her hard.:o
It's pretty spectacular when it blows off. It seems to just hang there, especially into the wind.:eek:

Jeepers
07-22-2007, 04:43 AM
More than once we heard, d@#& I didn't know those boats were that fast.:)
Doug

I like when I hear those words!!!
I hate when people ask if its gas powered, I just smile and say "it runs on AAs":D

Doug congrats on your finishes, sound like you guys have a good thing going there! from the pics you posted before that place is a boaters heaven!!!!

some time I would like to find my way out there and run with you guys that would be a blast.

Doug Smock
07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Here are a few pics of the pits.

Doug

Doug Smock
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Fast Electric pits.
My son Casey, his girl and his toys. John and Pauls boats. My table, Ricks table, and the last one is a new N-2 sport setup we tried out when the races were over.

Doug Smock
07-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Hot pits, gas Crackerboxes, gas monos.

Doug Smock
07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
A few of us on the drivers stand, Waiting on 30 sec to start the mill,a little LSH action.
And this is how they treat you when you win.:eek:

What a blast!!!!!!!
Sorry about the lack of FE pics we were racing. If any show up I'll post them.

Doug

ReddyWatts
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Looks like a nice place to run your boats and go for a swim. ha

Doug Smock
07-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Looks like a nice place to run your boats and go for a swim. ha

Great place for boats, I could have done without the swim but I guess that's all part of it.:eek: It's my understanding you only have to go through that once.:D

Doug

SJFE
07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
All Kidding aside. Before I run the next time a life jacket mask and snorkle will be included in my gear. First and for most I don't want to drown if my boat goes down..Second I am not letting the better part of a thousand dollars lay on the bottem of the lake..I don't care if I wide up paying a diver...lol. I know I have the rescue boat but if she goes down I am in the drink.

Doug Smock
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I think you misunderstood Tom.
They threw ME in the lake.:eek: :eek:

Tunda
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Why did they throw in the lake? :eek: Because you were beating them all weekend?:)

Doug Smock
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Why did they throw in the lake? :eek: Because you were beating them all weekend?:)

Because I took first place in both classes we raced.;)
Four firsts in P-Mono and one DNF.
Four firsts and one second in LSH.

I got lucky!!:D
Doug

SJFE
07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
HAHAHA you are correct. I had read that on my morning break from work. I was in a big hurry..allways am. Too funny...lol :D.

skeeler
07-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Doug,

You're making me wish I still lived in the ATL.

Jeepers
07-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Cool I like the BIG cracker boxes those are cool1

ReddyWatts
07-26-2007, 08:03 AM
But you were right SJFE, if you race in Atlanta? You had better wear your life jacket. ha

Doug Smock
07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
But you were right SJFE, if you race in Atlanta? You had better wear your life jacket. ha
Yes sir,
Or at the very least have one of your buds stand by with a throw cushion. LOL

Doug