PDA

View Full Version : Miss Attitude 88 mph run

Gary
07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Another vid ...not the best and my son cuts video at end for some reason but i did get 88.0 mph out of her. I had him stay on it start to finish to see mph but he forgot at the end. Next time. Almost at 90mph WoooHooo!!!!! Remember this is only a gps run so its probably much much slower to the pro racers on this forum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpp03l4gWM OOOOPS heres the mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAz-ws4KUU

Ub Hauled
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Gary, she's running pretty!
are you pre-heating the lipos?

bigpapa
07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
sweet gettin near that 90 mph congrats

Brod
07-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Beautiful lake..
Brod..

Gary
07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes.... thanks to you UB. I get them a little warm and throw them in. That lake is great. I call it the Nuculer pond. It has bright green water in the summer and almost never ices up in the winter. It is also spooky at night with some strange stuff jumping around, Its an old quary pit that still has the crane at the bottom. Now if i can just get my kid to make a complete "clean" video ill be all set LOL

Gary
07-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Well im stuck at 88 mph. no matter what i do she will not go any faster.That sucks!! 2 mph away from my GPS goal.

Gary
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Just blasted a 96.5 mph with a new motor installed. I put in a NEU 1527 1D....{Thanks Fluid}..... and the boat hauls now!!!I backed it up with a 94 and 1.5 volts down on the batteries. Im 8 mph faster than the last video. I will try and get a video up soon. I think she will go 100 this Sunday.

v-spec
09-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Just blasted a 96.5 mph with a new motor installed. I put in a NEU 1527 1D....{Thanks Fluid}..... and the boat hauls now!!!I backed it up with a 94 and 1.5 volts down on the batteries. Im 8 mph faster than the last video. I will try and get a video up soon. I think she will go 100 this Sunday.

I'm looking forward to watching it!:banana:

Gary
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Welp..... My son is having a hard time following this boat under full speed and so they didnt come out well at all. This vid is the best and its not good and very short aswell but it did muster a 93mph and he still didnt catch all the crash LOL.Its entertaining aswell LOL..........O-well next time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9774r56qs here is another ....i swear im going to get this right next time !!!!!!!!1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ql_daLYtzw

tiqueman
09-07-2009, 10:11 PM
And I was all happy that I broke 40 today....:bowdown:

That is very nice. Congrats Gary!

Gary
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Thats how it all started buddy. My kid said to me tonight.Hey remember when all you wanted by the end of the day was 45mph and you where thrilled!!!! I was like oh yea..i remember and thats when it all started LOL.

tiqueman
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Lol, Ive worked on my boat, trimming it out and moving stuff around more in the last 2 days since I got a GPS than I have in the 6 weeks or so Ive owned it.

Pre-GPS... charge batts, put boat in water. Run until just before the low voltage cut off takes effect. Bring boat in, smile and think, "that was a good run." Bring boat inside, remove hatch, check temps, wait til next outting, do it again.

Post-GPS... charge batts, put boat in water. Run one lap, bring boat in, remove hatch tape, check GPS, oops forgot to hit start, tape hatch back down, run another lap, bring boat back in, untape, check gps, re-tape, adjust strut, back in water, another lap.. untape... and on and on and on. Oh yea, and get frustrated because at some point you cannot get it back to where it was... LOL

Ub Hauled
09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Gary, those passes never seize to impress me... well done...

Gary
09-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys. My biggest problem is driving over my own wake when i throw the boat in so im going to try something different and send it down the middle of the lake. If i can get a clean pass im pretty sure it will go faster and can get a better video.

line6
09-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Just wait a minute till the wake settles. and please have your kid zoom out a tad i wana c it make i good pass. Great job, that's a runner u got :rockon2:

Fluid
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
For the typical SAW pass at official events, most racers will stop at the far end of the lake and wait for the wake to settle down. Then we make one pass down the middle of the course, and if we can we follow that path back in the opposite direction (need back-to-back passes for records). Running in your own path means pretty flat water with no angled waves - as long as the next pass is pretty soon after the first pass.

properchopper
09-09-2009, 02:17 AM
For the typical SAW pass at official events, most racers will stop at the far end of the lake and wait for the wake to settle down. Then we make one pass down the middle of the course, and if we can we follow that path back in the opposite direction (need back-to-back passes for records). Running in your own path means pretty flat water with no angled waves - as long as the next pass is pretty soon after the first pass.

Jay, You stood next to me on the stand when I set my 2006 LSO record and instructed me to do just that; I was so green that I never asked you why I should wait { I thought it was to let the NIMH's breath some :doh:} Now I know :banana: [ BTW when does this green go away ? ]

Ub Hauled
09-09-2009, 03:52 AM
...BTW when does this green go away ? ]

once you have a record...:rockon2:

Flying Scotsman
09-09-2009, 11:57 AM

So true, Donald Campbell did not do that and that is one of the apparent reasons that Bluebird K7 flipped and he was killed.

Douggie

properchopper
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
once you have a record...:rockon2:

I hold four records but still need all the help I can get :eek:

Ub Hauled
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
but you are not a "green horn" anymore...:beerchug:

properchopper
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
but you are not a "green horn" anymore...:beerchug:

That's debatable !! :banana:

teach
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
That's not a green horn...it's an old fart horn.

Sorry couldn't help it!! :banana:

Gary
09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Ok Just came back from lake and made two runs like you said Fluid, come back through my own path. I looked over the lake and decided a new aproach . Boat ran a 98.2 mph and comeing back 97.0 mph but fliped at the end{hit some wake} I tryed runing it out as far as possible. Almost at 100.....

Jeff Wohlt
09-13-2009, 10:30 AM
You might consider coming off the throttle gently at the end of the run. I think the stopped prop becomes an issue when getting out of it too quickly. Jay would have more on that.

detox
09-13-2009, 11:02 AM
What prop are you using?

Gary
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
M645 modded by me. Ive done at least 6-8 of these props and keep making small changes and keep going faster. Your wright Jeff i need to get in the habit of come off the throttle real slow to avoid flips.

Gary
09-26-2009, 12:50 PM
I finally broke 100.Boat went 102 mph this morning, with a crash! Hydra decided to go up in smoke on shore and took out a battery aswell.Video sucks because i set it up on a trypod do to the fact i was by myself a 5:45 am so im not even going to post it. Here is some carnage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6eJo7a4O2E Ok here is the video. I had to set camera up on tripod so there is a long delay between turning on the camera and getting boat moving so fast forward to the halfway point. Again not to good. I had to spilt it up between geting the boat and recording again. Remember fast forward !!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDWFJSyFuAU

teach
09-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Congrats!!

tth
09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Good work....Just like anything else, when you push equipment to the limits its just a matter of time. I would like to see the run.

Ub Hauled
09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
You have been running a Hydra 120 all this time? Well... I am surprised it lasted this long!
Hydra 240 man, at least!

Gary
09-26-2009, 08:53 PM
No .....look more closely at the burnt up vid.Half the hydra is what your looking at. the other half is there too. .......240 !! She went up in flames real good this time LOL !!!!!!

properchopper
09-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Good job :rockon2: Given the off-camera noise at the end of the video, with the powers vested in me I hereby appoint you honorary membership in the Speed Pond Longitudinal Acceleration Team [SPLAT] :beerchug:

tth
09-26-2009, 09:09 PM
:rofl:

Gary
09-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Thank you. I said i would stop at nothing until i saw that speed . Now i can take a break for a while.The thing is as soon as i go faster she blows over and now i have to adjust for 100+ mph. As soon as its dialed in for 100 and stays on the water then i will go for 105 .what? !!!! but first i need two good back to back long runs at 100 before i can move on. I tell you though the boat is taking a beating real hard...now the motor rips out when it crashes!!!!! Im glad i have a back up hull LOL . This is GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: Thanks for everyones help. The best advise i ever got was from Fluid and especially UB Hauled for pre heating the batteries..makes a big diference in speeds!!!!1

Ub Hauled
09-26-2009, 11:34 PM
No .....look more closely at the burnt up vid.Half the hydra is what your looking at. the other half is there too. .......240 !! She went up in flames real good this time LOL !!!!!!

I see it now... that was a good burn, welcome to Beyond Unrecognizable Recognition Nationwise (BURN) club... am I stretching it now? LOL
On that same note, take a look at what I did to this poor CC 110HV

Chris Harris
09-27-2009, 01:03 AM
What kind of hull and how many cells?

Chris

Ub Hauled
09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
If you asking me Chris, it was an Aeromarine 1/8 scale Hydro on 10s, 1527/1.5Y w/ a 447 prop on... the run lasted 10 seconds. It was running loose and pretty... and then... no response.

animigan
09-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Man, it's hard to find good cheap child labor for videography at 5:45am, eh?
Andre

Ub Hauled
09-27-2009, 03:33 PM
The way kids are these days it's hard to find any help from them...
LOL

Gary
09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes indeed. I used to get really good video when it ran alittle slower but now i dont no what the problem is. No one tracks it through the camera they track it looking at it and POINTING the camera. I will get this right soon LOL i swear!!!!! Ub hauled nice melt down!!!!!!!! I think the worst part is the stench afterwards that wont come off your hands!!!

Ub Hauled
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
yes, the smell ins something unforgetable.

Gary
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Tryin for 105mph this weekend if the weather holds. I added more wieght up front so hopefully she stays down. It got real cold here though all of a sudden...like 45 degrees so it will be tough to keep the batteries warm.

Gary
10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
God #$%@ it...... the Hydra crapped out. It worked perfect last outing and when i tested everything before going to lake again it would not arm so i have to wait for a replacement. I either get 20-30 runs or 2-4 depending on the ESC's mood. #@#$$@#%%@@$^*)%#@!@$ AAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

properchopper
10-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Gary, there's a lot of us pullin' for you - not a lot of people have the stones to go where you're going. There's obviously lots of frustration pushing the envelope out there in " Edge City" Keep the faith, Bro ! [ & Yup, I too am waiting for a replacement Hydra that curiously gave up the ghost rather unexpectedly :doh:]

Gary
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks Properchopper.that means alot and you guys have been great.You know, i dont know what my problem is. I do this with everything in life. I am never happy with the norm. I always did this with cars i built, 400,500,600,700 and 800hp street cars i will build and push the parts to the limit untill it finally stays togather then im happy. The boat is the same thing. My formula hull is my fun boat and will go 58 mph all day and is a blast..only because i will not touch it anymore ....just have fun and run it anywhere.The SAW boat...my god esc after esc, batteries like there is no tomorrow. I remember coming home saying all i want is 70mph , then 80 then 90..blew through that now i want 105. The amount of time i spend driving to and from the lake alone is crazy because this lake is the only big enough one to handle it. The worst part....I DONT EVEN COMPETE !!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just a thrill for me to see a 30 inch "model" boat go buy at a hundred and listen to peoples reaction. Buy the way i rotate 3 hydras and there all dead!!!!!LOL............ But thanks again buddy!

Gary
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Still waiting for the ESC. Im hopeing for this Sunday morning.

Gary
12-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Esc is back........ Man.....Castle must be havin some issues. But anyhow Its real cold here so im hopeing for a good day soon. My goal was to get over 105 before the end of the year but its not looking good. Also installed an Eagle tree so i will see whats happening during a run. hope to have some good news soon. Luckely this lake i go to has nuclear water in it. Even at 25-30 degrees air temps lately she STILL hasent froze over LOL.

Jeepers
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
WoW that took along time to get to you....
I sent my hydra 120 in 2 weeks ago got it Dec. 19:thumbup:

Gary
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Well that didnt last long. My new 240 smoked. Its time to get a handle on this and find out what im doing wrong!!!:doh:

Gary
02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
New upgrades are in the works /45-90c 520amp batteries and a custom Hyda from Castle. Im shootin for at least 106-108mph consistently..........if she stays togather LOL. Impacts at that speed break everything apart in the boat. Hopefully within the month and if the ice goes away.

properchopper
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Hopefully within the month and if the ice goes away.

Like I suggested in another thread, just throw out some Redneck Ice Remover Bars [dynamite sticks] to clear away that pesky ice. Be sure to keep the dog locked in the car when you do.

Ub Hauled
02-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Like I suggested in another thread, just throw out some Redneck Ice Remover Bars [dynamite sticks] to clear away that pesky ice. Be sure to keep the dog locked in the car when you do.

LOL, I saw that video... LOL