PDA

View Full Version : Final BlackJack mod

SJFE
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
OK I need to make one final change on the boat. Another Problem I noticed it that she falls off plane real eazy. I found the prop is only 1.75 inches back from the transom. So I am going to remove the rudder and put the strut in it's place. That will move it back another inch. I found a stand off rudder and bracket thats long enough to still mount inline. This is it for this boat. I will deal with what ever it does from here on in.

properchopper
04-02-2007, 10:51 AM
From the video the boat looks like it's trimmed pretty good. By moving the prop & rudder back you may find more directional stability & less " twitchiness ". How's the crackerbox coming? I really like your preference for scale appearance ; the "box" is gonna be one cool looking boat underway ! :)

Tunda
04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
SJ looking good! Im just waiting on parts for my black jack.

SJFE
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks Guys. Tunda what did you order up? I perfer email tag or IM to phone calls by the way. I really hate talkin on the phone...I go into a tieraid every time it rings @ home. Yeah ok so im a little phyco about the phone. But that SOB rings all day. I am our Union Rep @ work and the guys(68 of them) call me every time they are pissy about an issue...I have an auto responce in my voice mail that states"quite your crying and do your job"..LOL. I was gona get back to ya but your email got deleted. Sorry bout that.

Tunda
04-03-2007, 04:10 AM
I orderd a 7xl ,100amp speedo, 11.1 lipo & a struder from twisited liquid. I talked to the owner and asked him if i was'nt happy with the struder if i could send it back he said it would be fine. I know you had some drama with yours thats why i wanted to talk on the phone to you before i ordred it. Oh well anyway thanks for all your info it really helps alot.:D

SJFE
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Sounds good. One thing with that strudder is you will still be only about to use 1/8th props. If you are intrested I will sell you the 3/16th aeromarine strut I cut down to fit the brackets. I have the drivedog also. You would need to buy a prop shaft and cable. But...you would be able to run all the Carbon fiber props. I'll sell you the pair for 15 bucks+ shipping. The strut needs to be shimed with a single washer on both sides.I'll post a pic if you want. IMO its a big improvment over the 1/8th setup. Check them brackets and be sure they are square. Have fun man.

Tunda
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
SJ post some pic.

SJFE
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC00123.jpgThat is the strut. The rudder and brackets are not included of course. It's a nice solid peice of t6 aluminum with led teflon bushings and stainless nose peice. It has a hole drilled jsut abouve the bracket for the bottom mount cap screw on the TLR strut bracket. I was going to extend the ajustment groove down that far for more movment but never got to it.

SJFE
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/DSC00123.jpg

Tunda
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
so that strut shuold bolt up to the Twisted strut bracket?

SJFE
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Its where I had it bolted pryor to that set of brackets. It's a custom cut strut. I won't bullcrap ya. It's a tick narrower than the stock strut so it needs a couple shims. The ajustment slot on the top half is like 3 times wider than the cap screw. The bottom capscrew will line up to a hole I drilled that still needs to be elongated. It's not a bolt on and go item. But once you fit it and get it ajusted right...prop selection will be much better. I have the drive cable and prop shaft I cut for my Jack. I had to knotch the hell out of the shaft due to the size of the set screw on the drive dog. But with this setup..the hub of the bigger CF props don't stick out past the drivedog and create drag. The cable may need to be cut down a touch. But for 15 bucks it's worth a shot. I have almost 50 invested. I'll try to get a pic of every thing tonigh. I'm real busy but I may be able to pull it off.

Tunda
04-26-2007, 05:51 AM
SJ do you still want to sell this strut cause im still intrested.