PDA

View Full Version : swap shop for au/nz

ozzie-crawl
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
just wondering if it was possable to get a swap shop for the fe boaters in australia and new zealand. there is a growing number off aussie and kiwi boaters.
every thing on the swap shop is u.s dollars wich is good if you live in the u.s but for us its any were from 20-30% more plus extra postage if the seller is willing to send over seas.
i think its great that steve even has a swap shop considering he has a online shop, so if it would be a problem or a hassle to setup thats okay just a suggestion
scott

andym
07-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Scott you are the man, if it happens do I have a hull for you, looks good only a few holes and will promise it will sink faster than your mean machine...............................

ozzie-crawl
07-06-2009, 07:25 AM
i wish i had a mean machine :w00t:
but i like the sound of this hull how many clam shells are you wanting :tongue_smilie:

Scott T
07-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I think it is a great idea. The Aus national association forum is for members only (meaning racers only), so the sport boaters aren't catered for. Up to Steven of course, but it's worth considering.

andym
07-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Racers or not it is a good idea, alot of AMBPA guys shop here and on RRR and RCU. Ozzie sorry mate I thought it was the MM but I know it is a chinese clone of whatever. Hey for not much more you could of had a MM.

ozzie-crawl
07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
yes i could have brought a mm but considering iam a bit diffrent :drool: thought i would try somthing diffrent :banana:

Simon.O.
07-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Interesting idea.
My suggestion is if we have an item for sale or wtb then we put Aus or NZ in the title and at the begining of the post.

Example

FS. 9XL well thrashed and cooked NZ

Keep it as Au/NZ dollars and it will be clear where the seller is.
This way everyone gets a shot at it and if ED wants me to send him a rooted 9XL to france then so be it. Very unlikely, so it makes sense to keep it all in one place.

ozzie-crawl
07-10-2009, 06:55 PM
simon i will swap you 2 4s 3700 lipos for the 9xl, battrys are in perfect condition last time i seen them flying out of my boat into the pond.so there is no postage cost pickup only

Ub Hauled
07-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Interesting idea.
My suggestion is if we have an item for sale or wtb then we put Aus or NZ in the title and at the begining of the post.

Example

FS. 9XL well thrashed and cooked NZ

Keep it as Au/NZ dollars and it will be clear where the seller is.
This way everyone gets a shot at it and if ED wants me to send him a rooted 9XL to france then so be it. Very unlikely, so it makes sense to keep it all in one place.

I am with Simon on this one... I think having a separate Swap Shop will be bad for Aussies, Kiwis and normal people (ha ha) because there may be a potential buyer for stuff from Down Under and vice-versa. I do think that it is a good idea to place the NZ, AU, GER, SPA, RU, BR and so on to help the interested parties to identify a product and their origins and therefore negotiations.
Simon for President!
;)

Apples1
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM
My other question is on the normal swap shop, can we get it mentioned somewhere that they will or wont ship to AUS / NZ, the amount of time i have tried to buy or deal with soneone only to find out they wont or cant be botherd shipping Overseas, on most posts they always state shiped to the lower 48, what about us? arent we low enough for you?

Good idea though. BTW you can get a login if your not a financial member of the AMPBA.

speak to Al Ansell, he will hook you up.

andym
07-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Yes Apples have been there too. What is with these yanks, will not ship OS but I bet they expect every where else in the world to ship to them!!!! It takes no more time, goes to the same post office

tylerm
07-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Simon for President!
;)

Thats Prime Minister down here!:tiphat: Or i suppose we could do with a new governor general, having the official biscuit of the GG as the 100's and 1000's cookie isn't that formal........:doh:

Simon.O.
07-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Yes Apples have been there too. What is with these yanks, will not ship OS but I bet they expect every where else in the world to ship to them!!!! It takes no more time, goes to the same post office
Andy I hear you on this one.
I see it so often on here and on E-bay. Ships US only.
I will never ask for shipping costs from a seller who states that. If they can not be bothered to even consider selling outside thier own little eggshell then I am not interested in dealing with them. Thier loss.

I on the other hand would be quite willing to send a shagged 9XL to France(example) IF the buyer was prepared to pay the cost.

Think about it guys.
If Steven can send me stuff, then we all can send each other stuff. Buyer pays. Easy.

ozzie-crawl
07-11-2009, 03:47 AM
if somthing is being shipped by post,then it should be packed well enough not to get damaged. shouldnt matter if it goes one state away or they other side of the world

Ub Hauled
07-11-2009, 04:22 AM
if somthing is being shipped by post,then it should be packed well enough not to get damaged. shouldnt matter if it goes one state away or they other side of the world

I think the issue is that there are way that the transaction can go array... how many times have you guys gotten stuff in the mail that was well wrapped and it still got damaged by the postal service? And then what? Who'll take liability of that? I guess that if you wanted shipped overseas then there should be insurance so that you as a buyer would get the money back in case something goes wrong.
I personally don't mind selling to my Aussie or Kiwi friends, but I think I'd ask for insurance as well, just so there is no sour taste after the transaction.

ozzie-crawl
07-11-2009, 04:38 AM
yes if it was easily breakable like say a hull i would definitely pay insurance.
that is what we are saying we will pay postage if they will send it. most of us probably order from the states or china any way as to buy locally is just to expensive for most things. i have seen the ul-1 here for sale at a hobby shop
$799

Simon.O.
07-11-2009, 05:46 AM
yes if it was easily breakable like say a hull i would definitely pay insurance.
that is what we are saying we will pay postage if they will send it. most of us probably order from the states or china any way as to buy locally is just to expensive for most things. i have seen the ul-1 here for sale at a hobby shop
$799

Scott brings up a couple of points here and i think that all sellers need to take note.
We (Aus/NZ) will buy anything from anywhere. The sad bit is, I want to support local trade but if the price is well above what I can grab it for "off the net" then that is business.

Fragile items must be packaged well, across town or across the world. No different.

The seller sets the postage rate, and insurance if agreed by the buyer.
Both agree ?? Job done. PP on its way and everyone is happy.

Let's see some real International selling/buying go on.:banana:

Simon.O.
07-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Had my coffee and fag now I am back to type well.

This whole thing needs to be sorted now !!
A notice needs to go in the Swap Shop that all new entries must have country of origin, and if the seller is willing to ship overseas.

Look on e-bay and see how much stuff moves Internationaly.

I would like a crack at some of the stuff that is offered here but when I see "lower 48 only" I walk away and go to the 'bay instead.

Think about it

Xzessperated
07-11-2009, 08:10 AM
I think it is not a problem. In about 2 more years most of the things we buy will come from Asia anyway.
I get 12 volt light globes/bulbs sent through the mail from Hong Kong for my solar power system and I have never had a damaged one yet. If the Asians can pack a glass light bulb and it survives the trip to Tasmania then I think a strong fiberglass copy of an American hull :sarcasm1: will have no problem with the trip.
According to our news papers and TV, Australia has a spy in China learning how to package a light bulb.:laugh: Bloody pity he got caught

Diegoboy
07-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Just a few examples of mine...

used aquacraft sv27 esc with cooling plates
&
new novak lipo low voltage cutoff.

:blah: :blah:

price:
esc = $35 shipped & insured conus. All others please ask. ← was $40 sold to ub hauled
lvc = $20 shipped & insured conus. All others please ask. ← was $25 sold to ub hauled
whole package = $50 shipped & insured conus. All others please ask. ← was $60 sold to ub hauled

used blue 540 8l 3072kv motor
what you see is what you get. Motor, cooling jacket, 5.5 bullets female(because i don't follow convention). Brand new bearings installed.
$32.10 shipped & insured conus. All others please ask.

Thank you

for sale
sold to racerr73
pro boat blackjack 26 bl
modded

:blah: :blah:
price:
$275 shipped to the lower 48
$275 plus shipping everywhere else
that's less than buying an unmodded bj26! (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=104)

pictures:

click for a larger view

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2335-sm.jpg (http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2335.jpg)

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2336-sm.jpg (http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_2336.jpg)

* stand & rx pictured will not be included
FYI: Racerr73 lives in Brisbane

ozzie-crawl
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
spot on diegoboy, thats all we ask as we are happy to pay shipping costs. :rockon2:

785boats
07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Everything discussed here is a great idea & it's good that some, like Diegoboy, take the trouble to ship items down here to the Colonies.
Without the intent of hijacking this thread I'd just like to post this site as an option for us Aussies & possibly our New Zealand mates too.
It's a site recently set up by a guy at the Northlakes Model Boat Club here in Brisbane. It's free to buy & sell through the site & all arrangements are made directly between buyer & seller. It caters for all hobbies & there is an R/C section.

http://hobbies4sale.com/

Might be usefull to someone.
Paul.

egneg
07-11-2009, 05:03 PM
There was a time that Apples inquired about some ABC props and I could only find them there. I figured that with the time and shipping that it would be out of the question to have them sent here and do the work and then send them back. I have since found a reliable source here in the states for ABC props so time and shipping is much more reasonable. I send props to folks all over the world. As far as shipping costs go it is a bit more expensive so I try and encourage folks to order a few props at a time as shipping is the same if they ordered just the one. The only thing different about shipping over seas is that I have to hand deliver them directly to a postmaster versus dropping them in the mail box. I have learned my lesson as what seems too expensive to me here in the states may very well be a good price to those over seas. :tiphat:

Now I have to get back to working on some props for an order down under!

ozzie-crawl
07-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I have learned my lesson as what seems too expensive to me here in the states may very well be a good price to those over seas. :tiphat:

very much so, i dont know what you charge for a prop.but was in a hobby store they other day and seen 2 plastic props for the sv27 $55.there is only one hobby shop near me that sells any boat parts and most of it is cheap *!***!***!***!** sold at a premium price. sadly they only thing i buy locally is brass tube and servo rods

SLAUGHTER_AUS
07-12-2009, 08:45 AM
i agree this is a great idea cannot wait to see a result

Flying Scotsman
07-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Also, THE GREAT WHITE NORTH has simillar problems for shipping hulls from the USA....The US postal sevice has outrageous costs for what they deem as oversize parcels....small items very reasonable...UPS forget it their brokerage costs are obscene. Plus shipping an item to a foreign country is not difficult, just fill out a small form which describes the article and value at the post office and inquire about insurrance

Douggie

Ub Hauled
07-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Danny, I love your samples, just remember that you are one of the few that does the right thing.
maybe with the final outcome of this thread we can make the Swap Shop rules a bit more specific, with Danny's shown samples as a "template".