PDA

View Full Version : I got a new cap and fixed my esc issue....sort of

FoxProGT
06-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Sup peeps....

So i had the issue with my boat running for about 5 seconds then shutting off.....thanks to the info i got here i was able to fix the problem with a new capacitor.

sodering the first cap to the power wires resulted in it just breaking off due to the thin wires that are on the caps...... the second cap was sodered on to some wires that were then connected to the power wires........ the boat ran perfect till the stutter bump kicked in and i brought it back. i opened up the boat only to see the wires attached to the cap were burnt threw and broke off with a puff of smoke.

This next time i have a much thicker wire attached to the caps to try and prevent the wire burn... to much wind has prevented me from trying it out yet but if this dont work then i just may look into getting a new esc...

does anyone know if the Hobbywing seaking esc are any good?

longballlumber
06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Do you have any pictures of your cap installed? I think a better installation would help in the wires from the cap breaking. Won't know until I can see a picture.

FoxProGT
07-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Do you have any pictures of your cap installed? I think a better installation would help in the wires from the cap breaking. Won't know until I can see a picture.

just an update....i finaly found a good way to install the cap.... today i ran the new setup and all was well and no wires broke or burned up.......