PDA

View Full Version : Etti repair time

Kfoss1
06-29-2009, 08:44 AM
What `s the average turn around time for repair or replacement for an etti esc? Mine has been out for 2 months. I`ve contacted ose several times and "not yet"and "a couple more weeks" were my replies. Contacted Dee and he refered me to ose for info:confused2: Now ose is closed till the 12th:cool:

Jeff Wohlt
06-29-2009, 11:24 AM
I expect a week getting there and a week back and a week in the shop max.

Ub Hauled
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd contact Dee again and see if he can give you a hand due to the close OSE.
But Jeff is right... 3 weeks is plenty o' time

Jeff Wohlt
06-29-2009, 02:29 PM
ETTI wil only deal with dealers on these issues. It is our responsibility to get the message to him/them and do the follow up work.

DISAR
06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I burnt two, sent back one about a month ago but no news. It is better to buy a new ESC.

alvinsmith75
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Less that 3 weeks for me for a replacement.

Steven Vaccaro
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
It was my fault on this issue. Not Etti.

I expressmail the esc's back to etti because the other shipping services do not offer tracking and insurance. It cost about $40 to do this. So I waited for a few from different customers to send their esc's back at the same time. A coulple of people didnt do it right away, so I waited, when I shouldnt have. I'm truely sorry for this. Yours happen to be the first in the group that I got back, so you waited the longest. I will be sending you brand new ones from my stock when I get back on the 6th.

This policy of waiting has now changed. I will wait 1 week maximum before shipping a esc back to etti for a repair.

EPower
06-29-2009, 11:37 PM
This is the reply to my email i got from Dee at Etti

Hi Adrian,

Please be patience!
Once the ESC is repaired, I will inform you at once!
Please be reminded that we are not only doing repairing job, we DO have another new products should be made at the same time!

The reasonable time for repairing ESC would be within one month!
If you did not receive any updated from me after one month, please contact me directly because I also have a lot of important matter need to be handle or…… I forget to update~~ ^_^

Hope you understand and support!!

Best regards,
Dee Chan
ETTI Marine Racing Products (Hong Kong)
Tel.: (852) 9201 3844
Web : www.etti.com.hk
Email: dee@etti.com.hk

My boat just stopped in the middle of the pond for no reason everything looked fine nothing wrong with the caps no bad smell it just died

DISAR
06-30-2009, 04:07 AM
Adrian for 6s I will never use the ETTI again. Maybe good for 3-4 times but after they will certainly die, no matter with or without the extra caps, UBEC or separate AAs. The only good ESCs for 6s are only HV ones (Schulze,MGM,Turnigy) and maybe Maytech 200A which I run now a couple of times IMO.

EPower
06-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Adrian for 6s I will never use the ETTI again. Maybe good for 3-4 times but after they will certainly die, no matter with or without the extra caps, UBEC or separate AAs. The only good ESCs for 6s are only HV ones (Schulze,MGM,Turnigy) and maybe Maytech 200A which I run now a couple of times IMO.

Hi i did ask Dee and i have emails from him stating that they would handle 6s no problems but i now have my doubts i asked him the last time he replaced my esc if he had an esc that would handle my application and he said the 150 race would be fine :confused2:

i have been running my Schulze 40. 160 in the lizard but it's too heavy for the boat

DISAR
06-30-2009, 04:34 AM
Definately doubt it. I burnt two on 6s, mild setup. One was with the extra caps (luckily these did not explode) and UBEC and the other without the extra caps and 4AAs. Both of them the caps exploded and spent a few hours cleaning the hull.

Kfoss1
07-05-2009, 12:58 PM
It was my fault on this issue. Not Etti.

I expressmail the esc's back to etti because the other shipping services do not offer tracking and insurance. It cost about $40 to do this. So I waited for a few from different customers to send their esc's back at the same time. A coulple of people didnt do it right away, so I waited, when I shouldnt have. I'm truely sorry for this. Yours happen to be the first in the group that I got back, so you waited the longest. I will be sending you brand new ones from my stock when I get back on the 6th.

This policy of waiting has now changed. I will wait 1 week maximum before shipping a esc back to etti for a repair.

Thankyou Steven, is it possible to swap it for a non bec model? Nobody recomends the with bec model to be run in a DF33 with a 1515 1y, which is what the etti will be going back in. I already have the extra caps to add to it too.