PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 Race at IMPBA Nats

jcald2000
06-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Friday July 31 and Saturday August 1 the Performance Model Boat Club will be hosting the IMPBA Nationals in the Cleveland-Akron, Ohio area. We are checking on the people who want to race UL-1's, we need a minimum of 6 entries (our club has 3) to make it a class. We need confirmation of your entry by this Friday latest with e-mail entry to Mike389@windstream.net ASAP. We are also running Open Rigger ( 6s to 10s Riggers only) we have 2 entries now.

This is your chance to see the names you have read about for years in the Nitro classes from Europe and Australia and all of the USA. The flyer will be up tonight at
http://www.performancemodelboatclub.com/impba__nats_spo.htm

This is your chance to show the world how good Electric boats are.

jcald2000
06-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Nobody in Ohio, Mich.,Pa, or western NY wants to race their UL-1 (LSH) or see Fasssst racing with racers from all over the world.

GRIMRACER is supposed to be coming and Mike also, so you can meet the Manf. of the UL-1 AND get their help to make your boat faster.

LuckyDuc
06-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I would love to come and race mine, but certain economic conditions are preventing me from attending any out of state functions this year.:o

Capt. Crash
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I would love to come and race mine, but certain economic conditions are preventing me from attending any out of state functions this year.:o

Same here although I could probably get over to Atlanta if one were done down in this neck of the woods. :popcorn2:

Doug Smock
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Same here although I could probably get over to Atlanta if one were done down in this neck of the woods. :popcorn2:

Come race your UL-1 in our Grand Prix July 18th and 19th!!

We'd love to have ya!!

Doug

Grimracer
07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
jcald2000

Just to clarify I can not attend the International regatta this year in OH..

Also.. When I first read this post I was confused and want to make sure others are not as well.

This is the IMPBA INTERNATIONAL REGATTA... Reason this is important to mention is this is the annual nitro internats so FE boats would fall under the specialty classes. (last weekend of the event).. Happens to be my favorite part of the event!

For sure this would be a great opportunity to show the nitro guys what a 350 dollar RTR P Spec boat can do!

Good luck to all the racers!

Grimracer

jcald2000
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Sorry Grim, I was told you and/or Mike were coming. It was great talking to you in 07, you will be missed.
Yep, the UL-1 has already OPENED some eyes with the nitro and gas crowd and they have already started adding them to their fleets!

Grimracer
07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
No need to apologize..

I had a GREAT time at the 07 race.. (the hotel "viewing/Party" was one in a million…hahahahha).

Im looking forward to the next time I can get to.. The Chippewa campground..

Midgwich!

Mike... AKA Grimracer!