PDA

View Full Version : El Lobo 2 Race Boat RTR for Sale

Darin Jordan
07-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey Guys...

In case anyone is interested, I've decided to thin down a few boats I'm not longer racing...

I've listed this El Lobo 2 22" Racing Mono, completely RTR with Nemesis 8L, Barracuda 80 ESC w/ water cooling, and Fuller's Crumgrabber Hardware, on E-Bay for sale... You just need to add your Radio gear and a battery...

Let me know if you have any questions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160138310893

Tunda
07-15-2007, 02:41 PM
darin whats the reserve on it ?........

Stealth Assassin
07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Dude! Where did you get the firebird sticker???:cool:

Darin Jordan
07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Dude! Where did you get the firebird sticker???:cool:

It's left over from the decal kit that I used on my 1976 Trans-Am... ;) Pretty cool, eh?!! :cool: (too bad I sold that a few years back...)

Stealth Assassin
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Eh... Decal from a model or the real deal?

Ok, that was the decal that went on the side.

Darin Jordan
07-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Eh... Decal from a model or the real deal?

Ok, that was the decal that went on the side.

Real Deal...

The decals are from a 1979 T/A edition... On my '76, there was a chrome emblem on the door pillar, so I didn't apply the stickers from the kit...

Stealth Assassin
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Killer! ebay auctions drive me crazy waiting for them to end!

Darin Jordan
07-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Killer! ebay auctions drive me crazy waiting for them to end!

I know... me too, but on this one, I couldn't settle myself in on a firm price, and wanted to get what I could, so I figured it would be best to let the market determine what it's worth...

The last time I set a firm price on one of my killer hulls (BBY SS-Hydro done up like the 1999 or so Oberto), I sold it for WAY less than it was worth, or so the followup e-mails informed me... (thanks for rubbing it in guys!! ;) )...

SJFE
07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Darin you can allways run a 1 dollar start auction with no reserve. If it's not looking good tward just kill it before it ends. I have had to do that twice in 8 years. I don't like doing it but a reserve scares so many bidders off. :(

Gilbequick
07-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Yup, If I bid on an item and it says there's a reserve, I don't bid anymore.

Darin Jordan
07-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Well... I'll take my chances... I don't think it's fair to people who have been bidding to just dump the auction... Sure pisses me off...

The reserve is very fair... and if it doesn't reach that, then it's not worth selling to me... It's an awesome boat that looks right at home on my shelf... ;)

Diegoboy
07-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Well... I'll take my chances... I don't think it's fair to people who have been bidding to just dump the auction... Sure pisses me off...

The reserve is very fair... and if it doesn't reach that, then it's not worth selling to me... It's an awesome boat that looks right at home on my shelf... ;)

I agree 100%!

Gilbequick
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
It is pretty sweet.

Darin, I have an El Lobo 2 but it's stepped. How does the non-stepped compare to the stepped version? (other than one has steps and the other doesn't!)

Darin Jordan
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Darin, I have an El Lobo 2 but it's stepped. How does the non-stepped compare to the stepped version? (other than one has steps and the other doesn't!)

I don't know a thing about stepped hulls... well, I've never driven one anyhow... I hear they are a little less stable, but faster, but might not corner as well???

For NAMBA, stepped hulls aren't legal for Mono classes... so I've never had the opportunity or desire to explore one...

They do look pretty cool, however... ;)

Jedi Master
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Been trawling through the forum today, and was shocked to discover this post.

I bought this boat (probably directly from ebay, I think) and ran it for a while before selling it to a friend. He had a radio glitch and promptly drove it into a concrete pond wall. I've recently bought it back off him after some re-glassing and am planning on a refurbishment. I'll add progress pictures as I go, but here a small bit of video of me running it. I flipped it over that day, but it dried out fine and fired back up with no issues.:cool2:

0zHFG-JDKfg

sundog
01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Darin, I went to see the ebay listing, but it has been removed or NLA. Wassup?

JMSCARD
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Darin, I went to see the ebay listing, but it has been removed or NLA. Wassup?

Ha ha... look at the date when darin sold this! its funny when someone else pulls a thread from way back and we start thinking its from yesterday... :)

sundog
01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Holy cow!, I shoulda looked back a few posts (shoulda, coulda, woulda) Thx for the heads up.... :doh:

JMSCARD
01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Holy cow!, I shoulda looked back a few posts (shoulda, coulda, woulda) Thx for the heads up.... :doh:

No problem.... funny thing is I opened up the ebay listing too... thn realized...LMAO... have a good one my friend....