PDA

View Full Version : 32" Mono Build

nate
06-28-2009, 01:13 AM
So my next little project is going to be this 32" Mono from Head of the Rivers.

Iv got a pretty Killer setup going in this beast, I have already purchased a Neu 1527 1.5d 1500kv, HydraHV180, CC.BEC, (2)Octura x445's, x442 and x642 props.

Ill be running 6s2p Configuration on the HV180, and start out on the 442.

Im trying to buy a set of the new Flight Power Eon30X lipos but I can't find any in-stock.

If anyone has a link to a site that sells Flight Power lipos please let me know.

I already know Tower Hobbies has them on back-order.

I also bought some Paint, and wouldn't ya know it... I got Purple again haha.

The boat should arrive next week and Ill get some pic's posted up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290309669369

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/147014867_tp.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/147014901_tp.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/147009927_tp.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/147010397_tp.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/147010083_tp.jpg

bigpapa
06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
kool, gotta see this should be wicked

nate
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Well here's how good the packing was on my new boat, very unhappy with this little deal... You will understand just look!!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono017.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono015.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono001.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono002.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono006.jpg

nate
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono008.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono014.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk117/clubsrt4/32inMono007.jpg

bigpapa
07-02-2009, 01:49 PM
man that sucks came from head of river

nate
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Head Of Garbage you mean??? this dude is given me a hard time as well, Its gunna cost me 55.00 to ship it back to hong kong... just to get my money back, and the dude wants pics!!!! lol:help::doh::doh::doh:

bigpapa
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
third person that i know boat came in that way from him

bigpapa
07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
he knows it happens all the time from them i knew one guy got 3 cracked

bigpapa
07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
took 4 ever to get anything done h bought it off e-bay

nate
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I dunno what to do, Im gunna loose money anyhow...??? he should pay shipping.

bigpapa
07-02-2009, 01:57 PM
yes, he should pay4 shipping .........

Flying Scotsman
07-02-2009, 03:29 PM
A word of caution next time buy a DF hull and build it the way you want it. That is a sad story and you are probably out of luck for the postage costs.:crying: I would also suggest if you wish to continue to buy RTR boats look at Fuller's Fast Electrics

Douggie

ghostofpf1
07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
That sux....

It looks like someone stood on your box in transit. The shipping company is to blame for that not Head of the River....I have purchased perhaps 6 or so hulls and various hardware from Head of the River and no problems to date but then my mailman doesn't stand on my boxes either.:huh:
Good Luck
Steve

nate
07-02-2009, 04:12 PM
That sux....

It looks like someone stood on your box in transit. The shipping company is to blame for that not Head of the River....I have purchased perhaps 6 or so hulls and various hardware from Head of the River and no problems to date but then my mailman doesn't stand on my boxes either.:huh:
Good Luck
Steve

Well Not really, If I ever sell anything here to a member..they know for sure when it comes in that its packed very well...

Everyone that buys from me will get an item packed perfect promised,

so yes he can learn to ship things better... more bubble wrap ect.

nate
07-02-2009, 04:14 PM
A word of caution next time buy a DF hull and build it the way you want it. That is a sad story and you are probably out of luck for the postage costs.:crying: I would also suggest if you wish to continue to buy RTR boats look at Fuller's Fast Electrics

Douggie

Iv seen Fuller's site and there assembled boats... Iv also seen the extra Price tag it comes with as well...

Douggie Id buy from them but this was a more buget kinnda buy than anything ya know...

Of course you get what ya pay for huh???....

:popcorn2:

Flying Scotsman
07-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Nate, if you have not built a hull, many on this forum will help you, but get a consensus, it is not that difficult and very rewarding. Just ask the questions, motor placement, etc.
If you are not sure ask before you proceed, as I have seen some awfull interiors including my first effort.

Douggie

Norman2
07-02-2009, 05:21 PM
That is a real bummer. I have had the same experience and a year ago I stopped ordering
anything from overseas, most of all China. I now use OSE exclusively, Is there any chance
you can fix it instead of sending it back. Luck
Norman

Brushless55
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
This was bought on ebay and you will be leaving feedback so the seller should be more than happy to pay to get the boat back and send you a new one right away..

RTR or not, this is not good for any seller to ask you to pay for shipping the item back! :cursing:

Brushless55
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
also ebay will help to get your money back..

nate
07-02-2009, 09:07 PM
This was bought on ebay and you will be leaving feedback so the seller should be more than happy to pay to get the boat back and send you a new one right away..

RTR or not, this is not good for any seller to ask you to pay for shipping the item back! :cursing:

True, Well yes Iv already sent out a dispute against him because Iv gave hime 2 days already and Iv recieve only one email response back, and he wanted pictures, and the details ect, Iv sent pics and 3-4 emails and get no answers??? WTF??

Then deal with A-Holes at the same time with people and no patience... haha
its been a long dayyyyyyyy :rockon2:

nate
07-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Turns out the deal went nice, He actually refunded my money in full and let me keep the boat.. kinnda odd..:huh:

Punisher 67
07-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Thats great news Nate

Douggie my friend please don't get offended but I avoid Fuller like the plague , he has screwed me big time in the past and Nate is correct on the Xtra price tag . He had these same boats on RRR with the fancy mount , motor and ESC removed with $29.00 dollar extra price tag . the mount he put in looked like he cut it out of a soup can with a pair of scissors . many have great luck from him with good sales which is great...... I personaly just have no use for the man.......................:sorry:

Your suggestion to get a DF from Steven was a great idea and what I was thinking of also , nothing more rewarding than building from scratch and enjoying the end results

Jesse J
07-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Whao, missed this thread 'till now. Nate, that don't look too bad, just get yerself a biiiiig can of bondo and a bunch of sand paper... or use it in the next "my boat ran great until it blew up" video... Man would I love to make one of those, use junk gear, just enough to get it out a ways then BOOOOOOOOOOM lots of fire and smoke...

sorry, don't want to make light, but at least you got a free damaged boat! The top looks good.

Yes Fullers may have good hardware, but they can be kinda sloppy when the build the boat for you, wood screws instead of lock nuts, low precision placement, kinda sloppy. BUT you get quality hull/hardware. So yes I would agree, either Steven (my first choice too) or Fullers, but unbuilt boat. You do great work from what I have seen and will do real good.

Good luck, m'friend.
J

sailr
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Coming out of Hong Kong usually doesn't get the rough treatment as that coming out of mainland china. EMS (express mail service) in China just loves to rough up your stuff. Sometimes it's the airline carrier too. I have bought 6 boats from Head of River and all arrived perfectly. You pays your money and you takes your chances. I have had stuff damaged just as bad by the US Post Office. The seller really did right by you by refunding and you keep the boat. Just repair it! Not that hard to do! You're gonna want a heavier mount for that NEU 1527 anyway.

That is a real bummer. I have had the same experience and a year ago I stopped ordering
anything from overseas, most of all China. I now use OSE exclusively, Is there any chance
you can fix it instead of sending it back. Luck
Norman

nate
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Thats great news Nate

Douggie my friend please don't get offended but I avoid Fuller like the plague , he has screwed me big time in the past and Nate is correct on the Xtra price tag . He had these same boats on RRR with the fancy mount , motor and ESC removed with $29.00 dollar extra price tag . the mount he put in looked like he cut it out of a soup can with a pair of scissors . many have great luck from him with good sales which is great...... I personaly just have no use for the man.......................:sorry:

Your suggestion to get a DF from Steven was a great idea and what I was thinking of also , nothing more rewarding than building from scratch and enjoying the end results

Same here, He has Nice looking Hardware and all, but just seems alittle over priced and I think Id just buy from Steven as Mentioned.

Peter this was the boat I was planing on using your mount, but this is kinnda what I ran into, you understand haha.

nate
07-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Whao, missed this thread 'till now. Nate, that don't look too bad, just get yerself a biiiiig can of bondo and a bunch of sand paper... or use it in the next "my boat ran great until it blew up" video... Man would I love to make one of those, use junk gear, just enough to get it out a ways then BOOOOOOOOOOM lots of fire and smoke...

sorry, don't want to make light, but at least you got a free damaged boat! The top looks good.

Yes Fullers may have good hardware, but they can be kinda sloppy when the build the boat for you, wood screws instead of lock nuts, low precision placement, kinda sloppy. BUT you get quality hull/hardware. So yes I would agree, either Steven (my first choice too) or Fullers, but unbuilt boat. You do great work from what I have seen and will do real good.

Good luck, m'friend.
J

Me and my cuz have some Ideas to fixing her, but its gunna take alot of time and bondo filler haha. I may sell it cheap, or let it go to a nice home for shipping charges!

Flying Scotsman
07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Thats great news Nate

Interesting, I have only bought hardware and a DF 29.5 hull from Fuller, this was prior to Steven carrying the DF hulls. I have not bought anything from him in 4 years. Also that was a great resoulution to your problem from the seller. I can not think of many companies that would do that!

Douggie

Norman2
07-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Me and my cuz have some Ideas to fixing her, but its gunna take alot of time and bondo filler haha. I may sell it cheap, or let it go to a nice home for shipping charges!

If you are going to give it away send it to me and I will pay shipping charges. I have
all the time in the world to try and fix her. Only need the hull. Regards
Norman2

Brushless55
07-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Turns out the deal went nice, He actually refunded my money in full and let me keep the boat.. kinnda odd..:huh:

Hmmm, maybe he is reading these posts? :cool2:

lincpimp
07-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, I just bought this boat from Nate, enjoy the money dude. I hope the hardware on this boat is as nice as the pics look...

Sailr : are these hull decent quality?? I only ask as you said you have 6 of them... As long as it will handle 45mph and slight chop I am fine, the pond I run it is pretty calm.

Not giving you a hard time Nate, you got you money back from the seller, but you had to spend the time to get it, plus you still have to find another hull. So I consider the money I paid you for your trouble and hopefully you can score up a boat in the US from one of the better vendors. Honestly, 100 bucks for the hull shipped was worth it, I could toss the hull and keep the hardware and make out. Shipping will be close on 20 bucks anyways.

I will fix the hull, as I know a guy who owns a auto body shop (me), and he is good with glass and paint and he is good with the ladies too (not much use for the boat repair, but good for him!!) Plus he likes projects too, and has a hankering to custom paint a hull or 2...

Enough of talking about myself in the 3rd person. Tine to break out the grinder and some resin... Or maybe just kitty hair and let it fly...

sailr
07-04-2009, 08:01 PM
The hulls I have gotten from them have been good quality. No problems.

lincpimp
07-05-2009, 07:08 AM
The hulls I have gotten from them have been good quality. No problems.

Thanks for that info, makes me feel better.

bustitup
07-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Linc if you decide to ditch the hull I would like to buy the cowl

Well, I just bought this boat from Nate, enjoy the money dude. I hope the hardware on this boat is as nice as the pics look...

Sailr : are these hull decent quality?? I only ask as you said you have 6 of them... As long as it will handle 45mph and slight chop I am fine, the pond I run it is pretty calm.

Not giving you a hard time Nate, you got you money back from the seller, but you had to spend the time to get it, plus you still have to find another hull. So I consider the money I paid you for your trouble and hopefully you can score up a boat in the US from one of the better vendors. Honestly, 100 bucks for the hull shipped was worth it, I could toss the hull and keep the hardware and make out. Shipping will be close on 20 bucks anyways.

I will fix the hull, as I know a guy who owns a auto body shop (me), and he is good with glass and paint and he is good with the ladies too (not much use for the boat repair, but good for him!!) Plus he likes projects too, and has a hankering to custom paint a hull or 2...

Enough of talking about myself in the 3rd person. Tine to break out the grinder and some resin... Or maybe just kitty hair and let it fly...

Chuck E Cheese
07-05-2009, 05:32 PM
i also have this hull with good luck, mine came packed well with no damage.
LINCPIMP - you will be verry disapointed with the hardware. the trim/rudder/turn fin are good but the strut is junk. it uses a stub shaft with a squar flex that slides into it, werry hard to maintain and weak. i used a speedmaster stinger.
i have also ordered several blank 26" copies and never had a poblem with damage...
here is what i did with it. kind of a different style but i wanted to experiment with a removable shelf for the rec/servo.

Chuck E Cheese
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
first i laid CF on the floor and trandsome, then made a CF shelf and mounts for the batteries/rec/servo and bec

Chuck E Cheese
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
i set it up with cog at 9.75-10.75" which has worked good in the past on this hull. i am using a 1515 1y and cc240 on 9800mah 4s 25c starting with detounged x442. this set-up should yeald around 48 mph and reliable.
i have played with this hull before. 8xl x445 4s = 48mph, 12xl x445 6s = 48-50mph

nate
07-05-2009, 06:09 PM
i also have this hull with good luck, mine came packed well with no damage.
LINCPIMP - you will be verry disapointed with the hardware. the trim/rudder/turn fin are good but the strut is junk. it uses a stub shaft with a squar flex that slides into it, werry hard to maintain and weak. i used a speedmaster stinger.
i have also ordered several blank 26" copies and never had a poblem with damage...
here is what i did with it. kind of a different style but i wanted to experiment with a removable shelf for the rec/servo.

No it wont have a junk stub shaft, I included a brand new Octura .187 flex for him...

Should be a good boat with minor work here..

sailr
07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
The Chinese and the Europeans love those stub shafts with square end cable for some reason. Chuck's right, they are junk! I'm haggling with one of the manufacturers now tht if they won't change out this setup to a 3/16 shaft with .150 flex, I won't buy their products.

nate
07-05-2009, 06:35 PM
The Chinese and the Europeans love those stub shafts with square end cable for some reason. Chuck's right, they are junk! I'm haggling with one of the manufacturers now tht if they won't change out this setup to a 3/16 shaft with .150 flex, I won't buy their products.

Yea I know there junk thats why I threw in that .187 flex..much better..:bounce:

Punisher 67
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Just out of curiosity can someone take a photo of one of these drives , I purposely use a .250 square end on all of my extreeme high powered setups at the strut with excellent results , is it the square drive or is it the fact that its just to small .

Just curious guys please don't read anything negative into this................:tiphat:

sailr
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
First, you have to REMOVE the strut to pull the shaft to grease it! That sucks! After finally finding the correct strut setting, you have to disturb it! If it's square on the motor end, unless a really good coupler that's really deep for the square shaft to fit in, they tend to round off. Big 1/4" stuff might be OK but smaller it's not in my opinion.

Sorry, don't have a pic.

Punisher 67
07-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes that does sound like a weak setup . the way I have mine is like the gas guys , very easy to maintain and bullet proof strength wise

Please don't take my questioning as an attack

sailr
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Peter, how do you grease the shaft without removing the strut? Or is you shaft just square on the motor end?

Chuck E Cheese
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
i use the square like your in my gas with good results but these set-up's are on the strut end... sailr nailed it with the adjustment comment..

Punisher 67
07-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I can remove my strut in 45 seconds ( only 4 bolts ) and back again with absolute alignment in the same amount of time . I have a small hole in the strut that I spray grease through without even removing it pushing all the water out , the square end is only on the strut , the motor end is a grub screw coupler . I am real curious how these boats come sounds like a nightmare to maintain

sailr
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
The way they come you can't 'save' your strut setting when removing it, like you can. I much prefer to have a round shaft with collet at the motor. Loosen one thing, pull the whole shaft out, grease it, back in, tighten the collet! No loss of adjustment, etc. The smaller square cables also have a tendency to round off.

nate
07-06-2009, 12:42 AM
I can remove my strut in 45 seconds ( only 4 bolts ) and back again with absolute alignment in the same amount of time . I have a small hole in the strut that I spray grease through without even removing it pushing all the water out , the square end is only on the strut . I am real curious how these boats come sounds like a nightmare to maintain

Peter do you need the small stub flex ect..??

Punisher 67
07-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Peter do you need the small stub flex ect..??

No Nate I do not thanks................:tiphat:

Punisher 67
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Is this the infamous drive system

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/showthread.php?t=28823

Flying Scotsman
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
This is an interesting thread on high power setups the square flex makes sense. I have never used this type of drive system or was aware of it. Is the system under discussion badly designed , cheap hardware? Just currious.

Douggie

nate
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
There harware seems nice... I just dont think the actual drive line and prop shaft is worth a flip.. I dunno could be tough, but Iv always done away with the stub shaft when Iv bought these boats..

There harware is pretty nice tho.

sailr
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I have both setups. While yes, you wont' lose a prop with the square drive, I have found the need to pull the strut to grease the prop to be inconvenient. I have also had trouble with the square flex cables 'rounding off' and becoming useless. I prefer the traditional setups with the shaft soldered to the flex cable and you only have to loosen the collet on the motor end to remove the shaft. I guess it's to each his own.

This is an interesting thread on high power setups the square flex makes sense. I have never used this type of drive system or was aware of it. Is the system under discussion badly designed , cheap hardware? Just currious.

Douggie

Chuck E Cheese
07-06-2009, 01:18 PM
i agree with both nate and sailr.... the rudder/trim tabs and turn fins are nice but the squar flex has to go. speedmaster or fuller stingers are easy upgrades to the .187 soldered shafts.
i run this hull side by side with the sniper it copied, same set-up and they are nearly identical. you will not be dissapointed with the hull

Punisher 67
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Jim I rarely remove my strut for anything , I have small holes drilled in the struts between the two supporting bearings in which I spray in either a grease or a good quality thick oil purging the system of water , wrapping a rag around the strut as you spray keeps the mess contained . on the cable/motor end I push with a syringe oil through that system flushing all the water out of the tube then run it a few seconds at a time flushing oil and water out of the system

But I agree whatever floats your boat or to each there own

sailr
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
But Peter, you are the consumate craftsman with your special oilers, etc. that most guys don't or can't set up like you do.

Jim I rarely remove my strut for anything , I have small holes drilled in the struts between the two supporting bearings in which I spray in either a grease or a good quality thick oil purging the system of water , wrapping a rag around the strut as you spray keeps the mess contained . on the cable/motor end I push with a syringe oil through that system flushing all the water out of the tube then run it a few seconds at a time flushing oil and water out of the system

But I agree whatever floats your boat or to each there own

Chuck E Cheese
07-06-2009, 01:35 PM
that is a great set-up. i think the difference here it that i use grease instead of oil.... just how i learned it. do you use a liner in the stuffing tube?

sailr
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not comfortable just using oil. It tends to 'flush out' too quickly. That's where your 'oiler' works great, keeping the shaft oiled as the oil in there dissapates.

I prefer grease. Pretty hard to get grease into those little holes.

Punisher 67
07-06-2009, 01:52 PM
No liner just a brass tube

Like you said earlier Jim , what ever works for the individual . even some of my idea's have some serious flaws

sailr
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Yep! You got it!

Flying Scotsman
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
The oiler makes a lot of sense and I note that many Europeans use this design..food for thought

Douggie

ozzie-crawl
07-07-2009, 02:46 AM
i have been using for the last couple of years a product called lanotec
its made from the oil of sheeps wool. its used in high pressure industrial applications,its thick like grease but as soon as it gets a bit of tempreture thins out but doesnt spray every were, its water proof
and stops rust. if you get a bit in side the hull from the stuffer tube just wipe it out and it doesnt stain like grease

andym
07-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Douggie would like it too as it is made of Lanolin the fat/oil from wool. Yes Douggie it does smell like an old Ewe. The Sydney water taxi fleet uses it as an anti fouling agent on their boats and have found it has reduced their fuel consumption after allot of coats by reduced drag. It appears to have a residue affect and builds up on the hulls. A lot safer for the marine environment compared to the modern anti fouling paints as well.

ozzie-crawl
07-07-2009, 04:23 AM
its also used as a deodorant in n.z and tasmania

andym
07-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:rofl::rofl::rofl: Cop that young Paddy & Simon

crabstick
07-07-2009, 05:02 AM
I use parrafin oil its a food grade lubricant. white chain and drive spray - by rocol.

i use it on my flex as it clings like mad but doesn't sling.

works good as my driveline's are normally like silk

sailr
07-07-2009, 08:28 AM
sounds interesting. unfortunately a google search didn't turn up a source for it in the U.S.! I guess you aussies are protecting your sheep!

i have been using for the last couple of years a product called lanotec
its made from the oil of sheeps wool. its used in high pressure industrial applications,its thick like grease but as soon as it gets a bit of tempreture thins out but doesnt spray every were, its water proof
and stops rust. if you get a bit in side the hull from the stuffer tube just wipe it out and it doesnt stain like grease

bustitup
07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
heres mine .. .187 flex and 3/16" prop shaft which is .187 also

the round shaft end has a square in it that that square end of the flex slides into.....problem is with this system the flex assembly wont slice out the strut because of the design of the prop shaft so you have to take off the strut or pull the motor to grease your flex shaft

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/shaft.jpg

Just out of curiosity can someone take a photo of one of these drives , I purposely use a .250 square end on all of my extreeme high powered setups at the strut with excellent results , is it the square drive or is it the fact that its just to small .

Just curious guys please don't read anything negative into this................:tiphat:

sailr
07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
your pic didn't come all the way through

bustitup
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
your pic didn't come all the way through

issues with my connection...fixing it

bustitup
07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
fixed

wondering about using this system myself......the two posative points about this system is that you can never loosw a flex or prop shaft

and with the sliding square drive theres no worry of your drive dog being to tight against the strut

sailr
07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
1/4" is hefty. The square will hold up. Not on smaller shafts. I've spun off a few. Ended up changing out the strut and going to regular flexshaft.

ozzie-crawl
07-08-2009, 02:18 AM
thats one good thing about them you wont loose a prop if the coupler comes loose, but usally with this setup you run a small teflon washer between the dog and strut so the push from the prop is placed at the strut not the motor wich can change the characteristics of how the boat runs, this also means there isnt load on the rear motor bearing either.

lincpimp
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, tons of great info on the drive and hardware, thanks guys. Nate did include a std flexshaft with soldered prop shaft.

Looks like I have a little work to do on this bad boy. Seems like the cloth layer inside the boat has not been damaged, just the gel coat and whatever they used to make the strakes in the bottom of the boat, looks like just more resin, or gel coat, no actual glass fibers there... I will most likely use "kitty hair" short strand fiberglass mixed with resin and some polyester filler. Easy to work with, and it sets up strong!

Not going to be racing this boat, I just play with them in the local ponds...

I will start a thread when I get to the repair stage.

Punisher 67
07-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Nate if you still eventually want your mount here is the 4in / 5in combo 1527 mount you requested . If not someone else will eventually nab it so no biggy there either

ozzie-crawl
07-09-2009, 03:46 AM
i usally buy a hull then get all the parts needed to fit,but with the look of that motor mount it would be worth getting then finding a hull to wrap around it :bowdown:

sailr
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
...isn't load on the rear motor bearing...

That's why I always use a thrust bearing at the motor! The load goes on the case or mount rather than the bearings.

thats one good thing about them you wont loose a prop if the coupler comes loose, but usally with this setup you run a small teflon washer between the dog and strut so the push from the prop is placed at the strut not the motor wich can change the characteristics of how the boat runs, this also means there isnt load on the rear motor bearing either.

sailr
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't want to jump into Nate's deal, but if he wants to pass on the mount, I might be interested. What is the price? Is it nailed in stone for the 1527 or could it be used for a 1515 also?

Nate if you still eventually want your mount here is the 4in / 5in combo 1527 mount you requested . If not someone else will eventually nab it so no biggy there either

Punisher 67
07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Price is $75.00 James . I have over 5 hours into moding this one

I have frame connectors that will enable one to use it on the 1515 also that can be thrown in , just makes the mount shorter , you won't be able to use the top plate if you do

sailr
07-10-2009, 07:05 AM
GREAT price! What would you charge to make a top plate for the 1515? I would like the mount, extra frame connectors, and additional top mount.

sailr
07-10-2009, 07:07 AM
one more question. You say it is 4in/5in combo. I don't see how the width is adjustable. What am I missing? As it is, what is the width?

ozzie-crawl
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
looks like the sides that bolt to the stingers is removable

sailr
07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Aha, I see it now. thanks.

calcagno45
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Peter: Thats a beautiful mount! I can see you're really enjoying that mill!

Punisher 67
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Peter: I can see you're really enjoying that mill!

Cory about as much as the two hotties in your avatar are enjoying sucking face.......................:laugh:

Jim I will have to rewrite the 1527 top piece and adjust the length and machine one , would $90.00 shipped be asking to much for every thing

bustitup
07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Peter
I'm just waiting for my 42" sprintcat to get here and will be ordering that 2215/2y mount and top plate from you...I dont know the spread of the rails or I would order it now

calcagno45
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Cory about as much as the two hotties in your avatar are enjoying sucking face.......................:laugh:

I just about rolled on the floor laughing!!! :bowdown:

Punisher 67
07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Nick that would have a flat floor correct , lets wait and see . I have to design some mounts with a flat bottom for cats anyways . I will try to make them as stylish as the mono mounts . 4inch and 5inch

mount and top plate would look like much this but with a flat botton

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14145&d=1245700810

bustitup
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Nick that would have a flat floor correct , lets wait and see . I have to design some mounts with a flat bottom for cats anyways . I will try to make them as stylish as the mono mounts . 4inch and 5inch

mount and top plate would look like much this but with a flat botton

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14145&d=1245700810

no Peter....it has a small v in the bottom that looks like that mount would fit right in there

my hull is the aeromarine 42" sprint cat

nate
07-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Awsome Job Peter, That things a beast.

I tell ya what, my build is Off for use of this mount for a few months, but will eventually need it anyways, so If anyone is interested in this badass mount go for it.... if it dosnt sell for asking price in a day or so ill go ahead and pay ya for your nice work Peter. Thanks man.:beerchug::beerchug:

Punisher 67
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Nate I think Sailr is interested in it , I can always make you another later when you need it

Nick the mount above is a large and the only one big enough to fit a Neu 22XX . these mount are 3/8 thick and take 6+ hours from start to finish and I charge $125.00 shipped for them . I can make the same mount in a 1/4 inch and probably shave off $25.00 to make things cheaper . I'm sorry about the cost but they take a huge time commitment to make one

nate
07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Nate I think Sailr is interested in it , I can always make you another later when you need it

Nick the mount above is a large and the only one big enough to fit a Neu 22XX . these mount are 3/8 thick and take 6+ hours from start to finish and I charge $125.00 shipped for them . I can make the same mount in a 1/4 inch and probably shave off $25.00 to make things cheaper . I'm sorry about the cost but they take a huge time commitment to make one

Thank you Peter.

Like I said if they dont buy it I will pay you.:thumbup:

bustitup
07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Peter no need to feel sorry for your cost.....the mounts are better and nicer than i have seen anywhere...your pricing is more than fair...I will contact you when i get my hull

sailr
07-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Peter,
$90 for everything would be fine. PM me your paypal.

Thanks!
Jim

Jim I will have to rewrite the 1527 top piece and adjust the length and machine one , would $90.00 shipped be asking to much for every thing

sailr
07-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Nate,
Are you OK with me buying it?

Jim

Thank you Peter.

Like I said if they dont buy it I will pay you.:thumbup:

nate
07-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Nate,
Are you OK with me buying it?

Jim

Its cool go for it man. :thumbup:

sailr
07-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks Nate.

Its cool go for it man. :thumbup:

Punisher 67
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry for posting on your thread Nate

here is the 1515 setup Jim , It will be in the mail today

sailr
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Great! Thanks Peter! Looking forward to it! Now to figure out what I'm gonna put it in! haha.