PDA

View Full Version : Balsa Cat Drawings

shockerman80
06-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Any interest in having the pdf's posted on offshore electrics for download? Maybe in a special section or a sticky or something. Id be willing to have them posted here.

ghostofpf1
06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I for one would like to see them here for DL...
thanks
Steve

Jesse J
06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
That's a great idea, I can't tell you how many I have emailed (with no problems at all), so I am sure others would LOVE to have access to them!

Great work man, what are the new designs?

Norman2
06-25-2009, 07:28 AM
I am sure a lot of people will be glad

shockerman80
06-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Well i tried to attach the pdf's but the file size is much to large. I even tried to zip it and load it and it didnt work. Any ideas?

Jesse J
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Bet we need to ask Diegoboy very nicely to make a page where we can upload pdfs or send to him and he post - so he can make sure they are appropriate. I would love to get some hydro plans and some of the mono plans that are out there posted up for us to share. There is nothing like building your own out of wood and then when the kids at the lake ask you the famous, "where did you get that?" question, you say - I built it!

Funny story: was at the lake, the above scenario occurred - a 10 yr old asked me and I told him "I built it". He said how? I told him you have to be tricky, and he promptly replied, "I'm not very tricky." cute kid, but way too virtually minded (tv/video games).

I think these builds should be available for fathers (or mothers) who want to spend time with their kids and teach the patience and perseverance required to accomplish a goal - make a boat that floats! These are important values that stay with kids who become our leaders... I would rather have more leaders who drives FE boats.

lomdel
06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
The attachment uploading doesn't allow big(ish) PDF to be uploaded. PM me for my reworked version of the plans. They are available as DXF as well. PM me your e-mail and I will send...

MrEvoMan
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
What's reworked about them? I have 2 (different sizes) in progress from his plans.

shockerman80
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
id like to post the original plans.

lomdel
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Please post the original plans Shocker! I reworked them for my purposes with a slimmer rear profile, one of the bulkheads redesigned as a single/double motor-mount, etc.

rawsonreyes
06-26-2009, 09:23 PM
that's the best idea for the scratch builders i think everyone will be thankful shockerman hope to see the new hull though.i have the money put aside already just awaiting the price.rreyes