PDA

View Full Version : Ok i do ahve an issue that i need help with

FoxProGT
06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Sup peeps...

so iv ran my ul-1 3 times now and the first time went 100% smooth.. the second time was fine till the end of the run where i thought i may have thermaled but also coulda have ran out of battery.......

now before the 3rd time out..i pulled out the prop shaft, whipped it up and re greased it and then made sure that all water tubes were clear and have no blockage. all was well.

on the 3rd run the boat almost immediately shut off. it went about 15 feet then shut off.. i had to shut the remote off then on then establish a link again then i was able to go again till the next time it shut off. sometimes i would be able to drive it for alittle while and other times it would shut off right away.... iv tried running hard and soft on the throttle and it just randomly shuts off no matter how i drive it. the only way to get it back running was to turn the remote off and on again.

i was able to have a few times where it would run fine for awhile so i took some temp readings and motor was 120.. esc was 100 and batterys were 100. in my cars them temps are way low which is good but i am not sure if they are normal temps for boating.

an other thing i should note is when i pulled out the prop shaft.. i thought once regreased that it would spin nice and easy but it felt alittle tight or slugesh? i feel if i could make the prop shaft more slippery that it would make the motor work less to spin the prop. also could it be a bad controller / receiver calibration issue?

PLEASE if anyone has any ideas it would be great as i am feeling like im getting sucked into the hobby but would hate to be discouraged :help:

FoxProGT
06-22-2009, 12:24 AM
ok research tells me that they issued a bad esc with the boat and ill have to call them for a replacement...... this boat is only 1 month old but i no longer have the receipt so i hope they will still help me. wish me luck peeps