PDA

View Full Version : Cnc right hand props !!

wolf IV
06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds great right??? Wheres the cnc guy?? We need more options on small right hand 2 blade props!!! Lets see some custom cnc-ed right and left two blade props equal to a x438, x440 with 3/16 bore... P l e a s e !!!!!! They will sell to all us twin guys w/ lots of rpm......

Jesse J
06-20-2009, 03:26 PM
:banana::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::banana:

:iagree:

egneg
06-20-2009, 03:34 PM
There is a lot of code and programing involved not to mention that it is a delicate operation. A 5 axis CNC is also very expensive to run for little return. They would need to sell 1000's of them every month to get any kind of return on their investment. I work for a company that makes gears and they wouldn't consider anything like this unless it was high volume.

wolf IV
06-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I know theres some one crazy out there!!! I really think that they would sell. If youve already got the machine and some down time, it only needs to be set up , correct? Like jesse said if it was shaped after an already proven prop(s) design i.e x438....it shouldnt be all that difficult for the exsperienced..

egneg
06-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Low volume = high cost/unit.

Boatman
06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
I had to have cmd marine make some props for me. They can take the 442 props and pitch them to what you need and also they can cut them down for you. I am sure Chuck could do this. Hardest part would be shaping them the same but with a good ball of playdough and some time it would work. I dont know how they do it but they turn out wonderful. Expensive too!!

Boatman
06-20-2009, 06:01 PM
same for any other size such as 447's. They could cut them down to what you wanted as well. Just a thought. If you have the time of about 3/4weeks.

wolf IV
06-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Ahhhhhh, 3-4 weeks or was that 3/4 of a week:laugh:J/K I THINK IM GONNA GO WITH THE 442'S AND (TRY) AND BE REALLY CAREFULL... BUT IT MAY COME TO THIS:glare: THANX.

wolf IV
06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Low volume = high cost/unit.

YEAH, MAKES SENSE.... I WAS JUST HOPING SOMEONE WOULD SEE THIS THREAD AND RUN WITH IT..THINGS NEVER HAPPEN UNLESS SOMEONE SPEEKS UP..WE ALL WOULD HAVE MORE OPTIONS FOR SET-UPS IF SOMEONE WOULD DO IT...:bowdown:

wolf IV
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
low volume = high cost/unit.

so i was thinking, im willing to pay a high cost/unit as the only other option is taking a larger prop and cutting it down it every wich way and b/s .... By the time your all done its prob. Not much cheaper than just having one cnc-ed w/out having to b/s detoung/back cut ect...

egneg
06-21-2009, 08:40 AM
That is true at this time. FE boats are a small market compared to the others as it is still fairly new. For many years parts have been adapted for FE that were built for planes, cars, nitro, and gas. Manufacturers are starting to produce items specific to FE and this will grow as the hobby spreads. But for the time being we will need to depend on each other and what we can produce or modify in our small shops/garages. And hopefully not end as did RCMB or CMD's CNC props.