PDA

View Full Version : ProBoat Formula FASTech 26 turning proublem

luther
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
hello all, i 'm new to this R/C boats, frist one that i've owned. its a fast boat but at slow speed it dont like to turn i was woulding if i made the rudder wider would this help? are should i relocate the rudder to the middle of the boat right behinde the prop. and how can i get it to take off slow, when i squeeze the trigger to take off slow it take off at a higher speed then i like is there some thing i can do to make it take off slower?

Darin Jordan
06-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Somewhere on this site... I posted some recommendations on how to make the FASTech handle better... do a search and see if you can find it. A couple of VERY simple mods are all that's needed... No need to move anything... just tweak the turn fins and trim tabs...

luther
06-17-2009, 12:45 PM
will mod. help the F.T. turn at slower speed

luther
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
will you mod. help it turn at slower speed?

Darin Jordan
06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
will you mod. help it turn at slower speed?

I'm not sure... I don't really drive at "slower speeds"... No boat is going to turn really well when going slowly, unless it's designed to be a slower boat... namely, because at higher speeds, such a boat would be WAY too sensitive to drive well...

The FASTech rudder is a tad too short, also, to turn well to the left... Should be fine in right-hand turns, but when turning left, when the hull rolls over to the left chine, it lifts most of the prop out of the water...

LiPo Power
06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Check my posts here ( LiPo Power ) I have many inputs from people on the same boat and it works! Good Luck
:thumbup1:

LiPo Power
06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Picture with small mod's to tweek the boat...

luther
06-17-2009, 05:50 PM
can you guys tell me if there is a way to get my boat to take off slower then what it dose? right know it seams to me that the boat takes off at half throttle.

sn00p
06-23-2009, 05:28 AM
I also found that with the stock ESC. Quite dangerous when you have it near the dock and need to just bring here in a few feet or so.... i ended up snapping the tip off the hull in such a situation... For other reasons i had to replace my ESC with a hobbywing seaking 90/120a ESC and have NEVER looked back. I can now dribble the throttle on and really slowly power her up. I can safely run 5 and 6s without having to put an RX pack in and use the bec system. For me it was well worth the £35 i paid for it.

I too notice that at slow speeds there is little to NO turning abilities and yes this is typical of a fast boat. NO easy fix here as posted above to be able to turn at slow speeds will be a bit too twitchy at high speeds. You just need to learn to get the steering dialled before you shut the throttle down. small tight ponds or canals or narrow rivers/creeks are NOT the place to use the fastech it likes wide open ares where it can rip and jet its roost....

LiPo Power
06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
All fast boats react very close to Formula when turning. Right turns are better. Turn fins at slow speed are overtaking the rudder and that is normal. This is 30MPH boat out of the box and it has to go FASTECH... :smile:
Slower boats are great for slow take off and slow turns left and right and they even go reverse like Shockwave! It's all about research and budget. Fastech for the buck is superfantastic and great tool to get in to what they all say:
IT's NEVER ENOUGH !!!