PDA

View Full Version : i might get the SV running sooner than i thought

saleens7
07-12-2007, 01:07 AM
rather than update my other SV thread (with would be off topic if i did put this in anyway) ill just start a new thread....it seems ill be able to get the SV running sooner than i thought.....rather than having to go out and buy some batt packs, i remembered i have 4 6 cell packs sitting right there (doh)...so all i would need is a motor mount, 5mm to .150 flexhex (does the SV use the short one or the regular length one??), some velcro to stick the batts to the floor, and a tamiya to deans connector (already have one...just need one more).

i can use my stock proboat radio system for now, but i should be getting that futaba 2.4GHz system in about 1 and a half months.....(i have to wait even longer to get the radio system....since were renovating the house, i cant spend too much money right now)(also because my parents bought me an expansive HD tv while i was gone at camp to surprise me.....although most people would be find w/ this...personally, i would much rather have gotten that radio system and the few other knick-knacks to get the SW36 running)

hkusp45
07-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Check the OSE store. Steve sells a "upgrade" coupler for SV.

Also on the 2.4 ghz. I have a real bad luck with this type of system and water (several run-aways). It has somthing to do with reflection and the water. The 2.4 has a problem with any kind of distace. I have gone back to FM and no problems. I now use a MX3S and I have all 30 chanels to use. Just my .02 cents.....

hkusp45
07-12-2007, 06:56 AM
This is the one Steve sells.......

Product ID: oct-ocfhe5mm15
Octura Coupler Flex Hex 5mm to .150 Cable
Octura Flex Hex 5mm to to .150
Fits most 700 motors and the 5mm shafted feigao motors we sell. This is the long version, 32mm in length. This can be used as a upgrade coupler with the AquaCraft SuperVee 27

saleens7
07-12-2007, 08:22 AM
seems alot of peoples experiences with the 2.4GHz system have been mixed......on another forum, a large # of boaters swear by this system.....there are a few that have had problems though....

what radio did you use? spektrum? futaba? nomadio?

saleens7
07-12-2007, 08:26 AM
i checked out the coupler....its the longer one, but its out of stock....in case it still is when i go to buy it, could the shorter one be used instead?

NTM
07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Also on the 2.4 ghz. I have a real bad luck with this type of system and water (several run-aways). It has somthing to do with reflection and the water. The 2.4 has a problem with any kind of distace. I have gone back to FM and no problems. I now use a MX3S and I have all 30 chanels to use. Just my .02 cents.....

It's definitally an insufficient reciever power supply if you're getting run-aways. If it loses signal it'll just fail safe.
Lots of guys had that problem in helis when they first came out, lots of digital servos and girly reciever packs was a bad combination. You need a solid 5 volts at all times. A bec is the way to go, plug it in and forget it.

saleens7
07-14-2007, 12:55 AM
actually, i have been told a dual conversion FM system is what im looking for.....dual conversion systems arent as prone to glitching or false signals....its also less than the futaba FASST system, so thats another plus...

Jeepers
07-14-2007, 02:03 AM
some guys in are club have had issues with the 2.0 specktrum versions. Ihave a 3.0 and have had no problems, I have tried 4cell and 5 cell receiver packs. i prefer 5 cell packs, I dont like the sluggishness of 4 cell pack.

saleens7
07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
i noticed my supervee doesent have the tube on the rudder that the water cooling tube would hook up to....i looked into where it should be, and it seems to be threaded.....right now im just using the water pickup i drilled into the hull instead, but could i just plug up the hole on the rudder w/ a bolt?

Rex R
07-15-2007, 08:51 PM
there is a threaded fitting that is suposed to be there. note(s) the replacement rudder blades that steven stocks come with the fitting. you might actually have better cooling than the stock pick-up.

Jeepers
07-15-2007, 08:52 PM
i noticed my supervee doesent have the tube on the rudder that the water cooling tube would hook up to....i looked into where it should be, and it seems to be threaded.....right now im just using the water pickup i drilled into the hull instead, but could i just plug up the hole on the rudder w/ a bolt?
It s really not gonna hurt anything if you leave the rudder hole open all it will do is shoot water into the air.

Diegoboy
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Ya, That's why I took it off. Looks cool throwin' water in the air!! :D

saleens7
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
im guessing thats why it can with a waterpickup as well:rolleyes: