PDA

View Full Version : Beefed Up UL-1

bigwaveohs
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know if Aquacraft has done anything to strengthen the UL-1 in the turnfin area?:confused2:

detox
06-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Tower has them in stock again...White is sold out.

longballlumber
06-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know if Aquacraft has done anything to strengthen the UL-1 in the turnfin area?:confused2:

Yes, they have.

Tony
06-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Yes, they have.

No offense! But, any proof to what has been done to the hull?

longballlumber
06-17-2009, 08:48 AM
No offense! But, any proof to what has been done to the hull?

Define "proof"

I don't have time to type all of the reasons for my post. However, I will list a couple of bullet points...

* The issues were well documented and the "right people" know about them.
* There was a decent gap between the first batch that was sold and the second batch that is available. That tells me a few changes were made.
* The issues were internal to the hull. Any changes in production or assembly won't be visible to the naked eye. Unless, you cut open a hull and look for yourself.
* My experiences working in production/engineering everyday, there is always change. As a design engineer we are always trying to make it better. That doesn't always mean you (the consumer) knows what is going on behind close doors.

Trust me when I tell you they are addressing the issues.

Mike

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 09:03 AM
new production UL-1'S will have all turn fin issuies fixed when released for sale........

Chilli
06-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Define "proof"

Proof: The cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact.

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 09:08 AM
SOME REPAIR PICS

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
turn fin repair

Steven Vaccaro
06-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I emailed Mike Z from AquaCraft about this a week ago and havent heard back. I will email him again today.

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 09:58 AM
tks, really would be nice to here it from the so called horses mouth tks steven

bigwaveohs
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
tks, really would be nice to here it from the so called horses mouth tks steven
I agree. I have been waiting for some sort of "proof" that these issues are addressed before I purchase one for my son. And BTW, I thought the purpose of these forums is exactly that...to gain knowledge about our hobby so we can improve the products. JMHO.
Bigwaveohs:cool:

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
hopefully steven will get a answer soon and we will all know the truth awsome boat but a few flaws

Tony
06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Define "proof"

I don't have time to type all of the reasons for my post. However, I will list a couple of bullet points...

* The issues were well documented and the "right people" know about them.
* There was a decent gap between the first batch that was sold and the second batch that is available. That tells me a few changes were made.
* The issues were internal to the hull. Any changes in production or assembly won't be visible to the naked eye. Unless, you cut open a hull and look for yourself.
* My experiences working in production/engineering everyday, there is always change. As a design engineer we are always trying to make it better. That doesn't always mean you (the consumer) knows what is going on behind close doors.

Trust me when I tell you they are addressing the issues.

Mike

Dear Mike,
I didn't ask you for the reason of your post, or define the definition of "proof". But,
just simply help show us "newbie" where you got the info from so we don't have to waste another $300 again. BTW, if the so called " right people " in the production department has done their job. We wouldn't be talking about this isssue.:doh: Have a nice day!:beerchug:

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

Ub Hauled
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
whole lotta popcorn going on here, hehehehe, maybe I should break out my chair and have some as well... ;)

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
come join the fun i will bring the movie !!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:hide::hide::hide:

Grimracer
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I emailed Mike Z from AquaCraft about this a week ago and havent heard back. I will email him again today.

did not get a mail.. try again!

MZ

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
let us know grim

:doh::doh::doh:

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Well if your on this thread then why do you need an email. Just answer our questions.

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
amen movie time

:flashfire::censored::flashfire:

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Was online when we asked, now offline with no response, not looking good for any changes made to the ul-1's turnfin. I think he'd be delighted to tell us if they had fixed anything you know

longballlumber
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
You guys are tooooo much....

So, putting a sticker on the box saying "Improved" would be OK for "proof"? But in reality, you would have no idea what changed, how it chaged, or if it even changed? It's going to look exactly the same as any other boat. It is inconceviable to think they are not fixing the problem. It's called common sense.

I'm out,
Mike

z400
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Dont put this all on Mike.

He is a very busy man.
Ive met him in person and i actually live just a few minutes from him.

We have talked several times else where via PM's and he has stated just how busy he is.
Give it time. Im sure he has a whole bunch to say on the UL-1's that have a redesigned turn fin area.

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
exactly new and inproved ul-1.
WOULD WK 4 ME

:iagree::iagree:

:sarcasm1::sarcasm1:

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM

MZ

WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE IT THIS, IS HE TAUNTING US. HES SO BUSY-YET HE HAD THE TIME TO JUMP ON THIS THREAD AND MAKE A RESPONSE LIKE THIS. OBVIOUSLY HE IS READING THE THREAD GUYS, IF THEY HAD DONE ANYTHING TO FIX IT HE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING:spy::spy::spy::spy::spy:

Steven Vaccaro
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM

MZ

I did this morning. I have three different email addresses. One of the email addresses was kicked back, the other two seem to have been valid, because they did not get kicked back.

But I'm glad to see your still around. Since I cant get ahold of you and you know now that I'm trying to get ahold of you, please email me when you get a chance.

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
i think you are correct

bigpapa
06-17-2009, 04:40 PM
steven tks for all your effort

sjslhill
06-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Why don't you just answer the question? :w00t: Are the hulls better? :confused1:

MZ

Rumdog
06-17-2009, 04:50 PM
haha. why are the upgrades or improvments such a secret. No one wanted to take responsibility for the issues. No one is claiming they're actually fixed. It is not too hard to take 1 minute from your day and answer one question if you have time to post on this thread in the first place. Gimme a friggin break. If i'm not wrong, I do believe that the people on this forum are the target market for their products. They may wanna try just a little to make us happy.

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Exactly

longballlumber
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Jeeezzzz... This is where you insert the dead horse and commence beating it...

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I dont see that smile

Grimracer
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Regarding the turn fin area.. does a bear ..... in the woods..lol

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND WE ARE OR WERE GOING TO LEAVE THAT.. you are all nutty! lol.. sorry if I just called you nuts.. but you must admit that is a tad kooky!

Ask your selves.. does leaving that make ANY SENCE AT ALL?

Now for the quick response to OSE

Man it bothers me when somebody says they sent an email and I did not get it.. that does not work for me.... I like to know that if this happens that I get back to them somehow. I don’t like to leave an Email hanging.. I did not and have not checked my home mail.. Im at work and have not got it here.. so maybe its there…

Believe what I say or not I don’t care. (ya-all sure don’t seem to trust me anyway). It’s a personal vendetta and im not giving up on the boat….EVER!

Thanks to those that have and do understand and support the product..

Grimracer

Rumdog
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks Grim. This kind of answer is all that was/is necessary. I think all anyone ever wanted was a straightforward answer from the horses mouth.

6S HYDRO
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok ok ok so are the new ones being sold now at tower have a reinforced turnfin area?

Rumdog
06-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't feel I was beating a dead horse because the issue hadn't been properly resolved. If you have answers, you should maybe make your customers happy by opening your mouth.

Brushless55
06-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Regarding the turn fin area.. does a bear ..... in the woods..lol

IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND WE ARE OR WERE GOING TO LEAVE THAT.. you are all nutty! lol.. sorry if I just called you nuts.. but you must admit that is a tad kooky!

Ask your selves.. does leaving that make ANY SENCE AT ALL?

Now for the quick response to OSE

Man it bothers me when somebody says they sent an email and I did not get it.. that does not work for me.... I like to know that if this happens that I get back to them somehow. I don’t like to leave an Email hanging.. I did not and have not checked my home mail.. Im at work and have not got it here.. so maybe its there…

Believe what I say or not I don’t care. (ya-all sure don’t seem to trust me anyway). It’s a personal vendetta and im not giving up on the boat….EVER!

Thanks to those that have and do understand and support the product..

Grimracer

I don't care what others hate about the UL-1.. :doh:
I think it is the best RTR boat you can get! and almost 50mph out of the box with a prop change..
The esc is a little bit of a bugger (LVC) but nothing is perfect.. I really love this boat. :thumbup:

bigwaveohs
06-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I started this thread by asking if anyone knows (for sure) if Aquacraft has done anything to beef up the turnfin area on the UL-1 (and for that matter made any other reliability improvements) as I would like to purchase one but don't want to have to re-build the sponson area.
Normally a manufacturer would welcome the chance to step forward and definitively respond with a clear answer. BTW, it's alright to say "we are still working on the problem(s)". Your customers will appreciate it more than if you continue to ship another batch of unreliable product and watch your market go away.

Grimracer
06-17-2009, 09:12 PM
fair enough

Why did you not just come out and ask me then??? you know were to find me..

Somehow the fourms just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer

TCR
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
fair enough

Somehow the fourms just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer

Since I can not PM you, I would like to just come right out and ask if I may. How would I know if the new UL-1 I got from Kintec Racing 3 weeks ago is the better version or not, fair enough? Is there a build date, # change? Seems like a fair question for those of us who are Aquacraft repeat customers IMO.

bigpapa
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
MAYBE call dan at kintec and ask him

TCR
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
He doesn't know, I've already asked. Kinda funny that this is so secretive huh, is it because there is so much old stock out there... let's make this a mystery buy for our valued customers... am I getting a well built boat hull or am I getting the junk everyone is complaining about??? Not real cool if this is the deal.

bigpapa
06-18-2009, 08:44 AM
i understand tk god i bought darins he as fixed all the problems plus some, sorry was just trying to help my friend .. good luck todd

Brushless55
06-18-2009, 09:58 AM
This is funny, me and a few others I know who bought the UL-1 a few months back have not had any problems with the turn fin area, and still some just want to complain! :doh:

and all this complaining based on a few bad turn fin areas...
I say get over it!

sewerpit
06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
the ul i purchased as soon as it came out from my local hobby shop is great, only changed the cooling jacket, the thing is great, the boat performs just as good as advertised, i love it, have run it many times not one flaw. mike in your defense its a great product, maybe i just got lucky or maybe its only a few bad apples spoiling the barrel. for the price it cant be beat.

TCR
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
This is funny, me and a few others I know who bought the UL-1 a few months back have not had any problems with the turn fin area, and still some just want to complain! :doh:

and all this complaining based on a few bad turn fin areas...
I say get over it!

Glad your amused hotrod, I have two UL-1s, one w/ cracked fin area(AND IT WAS REINFORCED) and a new one that hasn't cracked yet and I'm wondering if it will. Your right, this is hilarious and I should be over it.:olleyes:

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Glad your amused hotrod, I have two UL-1s, one w/ cracked fin area(AND IT WAS REINFORCED) and a new one that hasn't cracked yet and I'm wondering if it will. Your right, this is hilarious and I should be over it.:olleyes:

Tom have you contacted Hobbico support? Their product support has been very good for me over the years.

bigwaveohs
06-18-2009, 11:44 AM
fair enough

Somehow the forums just do not work that way.. do they?

Cheers

Grimracer

This just keeps getting better...I tried to send you a PM asking the same questions about the UL-1 hull, but you do not accept private messages on this foum...so the answer is no, I do not know how to find you.
My conclusion is that since everyone involved with the UL-1 product has danced around the question for several days now, that NO hull improvements have as yet been implemented on this product.
I am a very patient person so I will wait...

bigpapa
06-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey steven popcorn and a beer my friend !!!!!!!!

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

TK GOD FOR DARIN AND HIS EXPERTICE
IN BOAT MOD'S ALL MY FAULTS HAVE BEEN
REPAIRED AND MODIFIED

TKS DARIN !!!!!!!!!!

Grimracer
06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
This just keeps getting better...I tried to send you a PM asking the same questions about the UL-1 hull, but you do not accept private messages on this foum...so the answer is no, I do not know how to find you.
My conclusion is that since everyone involved with the UL-1 product has danced around the question for several days now, that NO hull improvements have as yet been implemented on this product.
I am a very patient person so I will wait...

:popcorn2:

Count me in..... this is better then Days of our Lives! :laugh::rockon2::rockon2:

Grim

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Count me in..... this is better then Days of our Lives! :laugh::rockon2::rockon2:

Grim

I'm glad you are having fun with this. :confused1:
There are many customers of yours on this forum, buying your products with their hard earned money and this is the best response you can come up with? There have been valid questions asked.

1) Can you give details on what has been done on the latest batch to fix the problems or not?

2) How can a person tell if they are getting an updated hull?

TCR
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Grim

Forgive me as I am a newbie to FE RC boats and I can't say I understand the humor here. I do own 3 Aquacraft boats and a BUNCH of Aquacraft parts, so I feel like I might be somewhat of a valued customer, maybe not. All I'm asking is for a valid answer to my Q's. I really am all stocked up on smartaxx answers from cheerleaders and people who like to argue. Just curious if my newer boat has been updated?

6S HYDRO
06-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I THINK THIS FORUM SHOULD BE PRINTED AND SENT OVER TO MIKE Z'S BOSS OVER AT AQUACRAFT. THIS IS F'N RIDICULOUS:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cur sing:

Grimracer
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Your right.,.. thats not funny.. Im just playing along!

1) Can you give details on what has been done on the latest batch to fix the problems or not?

Sorry im not going to go into details.. let me just say this however and like I posted before.. im not giving up on the boat.. read into that how you might!:rockon2:

On some it will be easer then the others.. you might see a witness of the update on the nontrip of the left sposnon. Some you might not see.. You will also at this time likely find the updated end caps and o rings for the cooler in the box in a separate package.

Let me say this.. ALL boats shipped after 06-15-09 are updated.

In the future the o rings and end caps will come on the boat..

Anymore questions before I bow out?

Grim

6S HYDRO
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
That got at least something out of him

TCR
06-18-2009, 12:42 PM

On some it will be easer then the others.. you might see a witness of the update on the nontrip of the left sposnon. Some you might not see.. You will also at this time likely find the updated end caps and o rings for the cooler in the box in a separate package.

Since I don't understand this and it doesn't seem black and white, can you tell me if a boat shipped to Kintec Racing about a montrh ago was updated or not? He put his water jacket and a couple of other mods on for me so I can't say anything about the cooling parts.

sewerpit
06-18-2009, 01:12 PM
just curious what the heck is a nontrip of the left sponson

longballlumber
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Since I don't understand this and it doesn't seem black and white, can you tell me if a boat shipped to Kintec Racing about a montrh ago was updated or not? He put his water jacket and a couple of other mods on for me so I can't say anything about the cooling parts.

I would assume, based on the statement that was listed above, the answer is no.

Grim

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2009, 01:23 PM

As he said, probably not. I'm an outsider in this but I can say that the UL-1 has been out of stock for some time from Great Planes/AquaCraft. There is a new batch that is coming this week.

Grimracer
06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Thank you Michael

In fear of causing an issue or confusion I realy did not know how to say it again..

TCR
Please.. re-read my post.. that might be best.

:rockon2:

Grimracer

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Grimracer

Douggie's comments

That also means at least a month before they reach US distributors

Wow, so all boats in stock right now have the same structural/water cooling problems. I am not impressed !!! and updated in what manner?

Douggie

Grimracer
06-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Douggie

Not clear.. are you asking about....what? Sorry dont understand this.. (below)

"That also means at least a month before they reach US distributors"

I dont think I even came CLOSE to saying that? Are you assuming this is the case?

Regarding your question.. If you read above (early post) you will also read this.. from me Below

"Sorry im not going to go into details..

Thanks for reading!

Grimracer

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
If a factory in China ships today it will take at least a month to reach US distibution centres unless they use air freight which I would doubt in this case. Why can you not answer as to the upgrades, as it is a great RTR boat?

6S HYDRO
06-18-2009, 02:54 PM
HE CANT ANSWER ABOUT IT CAUSE NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.. PROBABLY TOO MUCH COST INVOLVED IN RE-PRODUCING:mad:

Grimracer
06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Douggie

Got ya.. let me help..

ALL boat shipping to your local hobby shop from GPM or, from tower as of 06-15-09 are updated.

Regarding your last question.. Its just part of the business...we don’t talk numbers either! Not likely what you want to hear and sorry for that..

Thanks!

Grimracer

Anymore questions that I might be able to answer guys!

I might be down for the rest of the day.. I have a DRs appt and if they find more “Activity”.. I will be out for the night…

See ya later

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for clearing this up.

Time to close this thread.

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Michael and take care, as far as the doctor's appointment. The UL1 is regardless of upgrades the best RTR to buy with a few mods

Douggie