PDA

View Full Version : Cowl magnet upgrade?

TREMOR 25
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Anybody come up with a better method of holding down the cowl. The magnet method is just not working for me. Water was pretty rough this weekend and I had the cowl come off a couple of times. Fortunantly I was running in shallow water and was able go retrieve it fairly easy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

AndyKunz
06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Put foam on the lid so it doesn't sink.

Andy

TREMOR 25
06-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Put foam on the lid so it doesn't sink.

Andy

That wont stop the lid from flying off. Looking for some sort of camlock type of latch upgrade. Not interested in taping the hatch every time.

LiPo Power
06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Try to find this! It came with my boat but it's what you are looking for. Maybe someone can suggest where to get it from.

AndyKunz
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
That wont stop the lid from flying off. Looking for some sort of camlock type of latch upgrade. Not interested in taping the hatch every time.

Fine, but eventually it WILL pop off, or it will get knocked off by somebody hitting you, or it will blow off your work table into the water. The foam is to save your life by not swimming after it.

Another latching method is to make it easier to prep.

FWIW, I use tape or put magnets on BOTH sides (lid and deck).

Andy

john
08-17-2009, 11:09 AM
just use colered electrical tape, has any one came up with a better cooler for this motor my lipos make this hot enouth to fry an egg...

Jabbo
09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
try a black jack rudder it has the pick up on both sides and you get a better water flow