PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT Boat FS/FT

z400
07-11-2007, 03:18 AM
hey everyone

some of you might be viewing or have seen this boat, yes this is the one in the Boat forums that i have been putting together and working on.
well not here lately though.

here lately i have been very busy, I havent done much to the boat. for about 3 months now i've been prepping it for paint. Well i dont think im ever going to get around to finishing the prep work and get around to spraying it.

I received this boat from a friend, i watched him and his dad assemble it as a stock Kyosho Jetstream. with a GP 10 nitro engine. gear reduction, steerable outdrive, bunch of no good.

i picked up the boat, and got it in running order, ran 2 tanks through it, and then went on my wrath.

so far i have epoxied a wood motor mount it, epoxied and sanded down ALOT of unwanted holes, spread and sanded lots of bondo on the transom, reinforced the transom with some wood. installed a flex shaft with a stufing tube, installed Speedmaster hardware, trim tabs, turn fins.

pretty much, the boat needs the radio box mounted, linkages ran and hooked up, hatch either bought or created, water cooling head bought and installed, engine needs to be broken in the rest of the way, and also. i highly recomend some type of fiberglass work on the floor of the hull. As the hull is only ABS and it will need to be reinforced anyways.

i have ran 1/4-1/2 tank through the brand new OS .18 CVR engine since it was swapped. At first i had a OS .15 CVRX engine in the boat which was what i ran the 2 tanks on.

this boat has potential, you just have to get it there.

None of the hardware on the rear of the boat has seen a drop of water, only my finger prints and towels.

the turn fins, i trimmed of the trim tab and upgraded to a better type of trim tab, didnt harm the turn fins at all.

the cooling lines for the water cooling also need to be finished. The water outlet needs to be installed, the linkage push rods need to be installed in the radio box.

The engine is fitted with a Macs tuned pipe, it exits out of the transom instead of out the side of the boat right next to the engine like how the old weak exhaust use to.

The stuffing tube has been epoxied in, the flex shaft has been greased and is installed. The prop sitting on the boat now is the 40mm carbon prop.

i have MANY hours in work time on this boat

i started a trailer for it. which will be included if you would like for not much more then what im asking for the boat. the trailer can either be completed or just used as a stand for the boat

the radio system with the boat is a Traxxas TQ3 radio and receiver. the throttle is a Futaba FP-S14B servo and the steering is a HITEC 645MG servo. the servos are mounted with JR servo mounts, i used a Dubro quick switch for the on/off switch. i will also include a traxxas 6v flat pack receiver pack, which is mounted up front in the boat above the tank. the tank that im including is a dubro 4 or 6 ounce tank. i forgot which one. the fuel line and back pressure lines are ran and hooked up, back pressure nipple was installed in the correct area on the pipe.

well i think that about sums it all up.

here are my pictures of the boat
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/ride_wake_210/rc/boat%20project/
i can take more pictures if needed.

any questions? just ask!
e-mail- ridewake210@aim.com

here is the list of parts that i have purchased for the boat.

Graupner K Series 40mm Price: $5.50
Graupner K Serier 42mm Price: $5.50
Octura x440 Price: $12.99 SOLD
Octura v935/3 Sharpened & Balanced Price: $44.99
Octura x437/3 Sharpened & Balanced Price: $44.99
Speedmaster Stinger Strut 3/16" shaft size Price: $39.95 SOLD
Speedmaster Mini Rudder Mono Rudder with 2" of Setback Price: $39.95
Adjustable Metal Trim Tabs 1 1/8" wide by 1 1/4" Long Price: $19.95 SOLD
Combo Turn Fin and tabs __--TRIMMED--__ Price: $4.95 --FREE--
Octura Coupler Flex Hex 5mm to .130 Cable Price: $9.95
Octura .130 cable system for 3/16" props ASSEMBLED Price: $19.99
Teflon Liner for .130 flex cable Price: $2.75
Pushrod Seals Price: $4.79
OS .18 CVR engine $30
Macs pipe- $20
Prather Cable grease
Prather 3/16 prop shaft nuts (3)
Aeromarine Water outlet

$306.25

some of the items i id not include a price, as i could not find them and im not worried about it.

i might be able to snag the actual order form off of OffShoreElectrics.com
which is where i bought pretty much everything besides the engine and pipe.

im looking to get $225 plus shipping
am also interested in trading

im looking for a picco .26 small block, slightly used or new
used or new BIG BB engines
rim and tire combos with 14mm or 23mm hubs.

like i said, any questions, e-mail me or pm me, i also have aim. my s/n is Ride Wake 210

thanks for looking everyone!

Sean

JimClark
07-11-2007, 03:22 AM
link doesn't work

z400
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
fixing it now

z400
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
props up for sale.

let me know if your interested

edit- X440 sold

z400
07-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Boat is now being parted out.

let me know if your interested in anything.

deal pending on the Speedmaster stinger strut and the Trim tabs

Edit- strut and tabs are sold!

z400
07-20-2007, 01:45 AM
engine and pipe sold