PDA

View Full Version : charger recommendations

ozboater
07-10-2007, 09:12 PM
well it s happened again... this one lasted a month or so... my mrc 977 superbrain has died... channnel B is working fine, A is toast... i m super pissed... i need a charger that will do two batteries at once, including lipos as i d like to go that route eventually...

right now i really just want to smash the thing with a hammer...

:mad:

Jeepers
07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
how about this one?http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-gpmm3153

ozboater
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
i was lookin at that one jeepers... pretty good ?? i can t believe the luck i ve had with MRC... i don t mind spending that much if it ll work as designed... now i just need to deal with MRC again over the phone... hopefully it won t be as painful as last time...

Jeepers
07-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I have heard its a good charger, I have been wanting to get one. thats sucks that you have had bad luck with MRC. my 977 has been going strong for almost 2 years now no problems yet (knock on wood).

JimClark
07-11-2007, 01:41 AM
look at the hyperion chargers they are better than the triton by a long shot.
Jim

ice329
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a MRC. It works and I do utilize it for Lipo and discharging. I have been useing the Duratrax twin for a easy charge. Hook up and forget it and it has not faulse peaked or over charged any of my pack yet. Not saying it wont but it hasnt. You can not do Lipo or discharge but for no bother charging it seems fine.

I have a extra one. Brand new except a miniscule dent/blem on the back. If your interested PM me.

hkusp45
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Check out the Duratraax "ICE"

Or if you are only doing lipo try the astro flight chargers..

I have both. The both work great for me...

ozboater
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
well MRC have stepped up to the plate... UPS is picking it up free of charge... hopefully it ll be sorted soon... is the triton 2 overkill for a sport boater like myself ?? i like the 977 since it s pretty user friendly... i dunno if i d use all the functions on the triton 2 or the ice... guess it couldn t hurt to have them tho' :)

Darin Jordan
07-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Check out the Duratraax "ICE"

I'll second this... Or if you want the "ICE" on steroids... check out the new "Team Checkpoint" charger, which is just that!

I have a Hyperion and the ICE, and they both work great... The ICE does everything I need to do and has great data and screens as well...

Fast Guy
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
The Super brain 977 is a good charger in that it can charge to different batteries at once. If your running identical packs like in the SuperVee then chargers that can charge batteries in series are another choice. I have been using the Super Brain 989 for a year now and they charge Lipos nicely along with all other battery types. I can charge two 6000ma 2s2p lipos in series at 6amps no problem.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/NitroFlash/RC%20Boats/SB989.jpg

Jeepers
07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
How about these? are any of these good. look at the the graupner charger that chargers up to 30nimh, 10 cell lipos.http://www.hobby-lobby.com/chargers.htm