PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Hughey Single-Motor Geardrives

Darin Jordan
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I am looking for a couple of Hughey Single Motor Geardrives and whatever gears you may have.

Let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Would look like this one (satisfying the "need a picture" requirement... ;) ):

http://www.finedesignrc.com/boats/handmdriftS2.jpg

Banzai240@yahoo.com

Thanks,

old yeller
06-13-2009, 12:52 AM
got one.
complete.
NOS – never used
1.81:1 gear
bought in 1991 for $45.00
pm if interested

Paul Pachmayer
06-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi Darin,

I've got a ton of Hughey GB stuff plus one very strong modified single. I'll go through my stuff Monday.

Paul.

sailr
06-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Darin,
I've always been curious about the gear drives. It appears they are mounted flat with the shaft tube bent to meet it squarely rather than at an angle like other mounts? Is this typical or personal option?

old yeller
06-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Darin,
... It appears they are mounted flat with the shaft tube bent to meet it squarely rather than at an angle like other mounts? Is this typical or personal option?

Personal option.
Notice the wooden blocks under the gearbox in Darin's pic ?
The wooden blocks are glued or screwed (as Darin's pic) to the hull bottom.
The gearbox is on a plate that screws into these blocks (at the rubber grommets in each corner).
If these blocks are 'rectilinear' in profile (as Darin's pic), a double bend in the driveshaft would be necessary.
If these blocks are 'triangular' in profile – cut on an angle to match the drive-shaft angle –
the gearbox will then "line up" with a single bend angled drive-shaft or an angled straight shaft.

The old Hughey direct drive motor mount used a similar "flat plate with grommets" system.

sailr
06-13-2009, 12:48 PM
thanks. That's what I figured but didn't know if one convention was preferred over the other or not.

sailr
06-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Paul,

I might be interested if Darin doesn't want everything. I'd like to try a gear setup.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Darin,

I've got a ton of Hughey GB stuff plus one very strong modified single. I'll go through my stuff Monday.

Paul.

Paul Pachmayer
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Darin,

Here's my GB stuff. There's also a compact GB unit, can't remember the manufacturer though. Got a bunch of 32P and 48P gears also. I didn't bother listing all the teeth because there's to many of them but their all ones I would have used. There's also a couple 5mm adapters I made so you could run spur spur on the Hughey GB.

Hughey box and all the Hughey gears 50.00 shipped. Everything you see 100.00 shipped.

Paul.

Darin Jordan
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Darin,

Here's my GB stuff. There's also a compact GB unit, can't remember the manufacturer though. Got a bunch of 32P and 48P gears also. I didn't bother listing all the teeth because there's to many of them but their all ones I would have used. There's also a couple 5mm adapters I made so you could run spur spur on the Hughey GB.

Hughey box and all the Hughey gears 50.00 shipped. Everything you see 100.00 shipped.

Paul.

Paul... I'll just take everything... I'll paypal you when I get home tonight...

Thanks Man... :thumbup1:

Paul Pachmayer
06-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi Darin,

No problem.:beerchug:

Paul.

Darin Jordan
06-17-2009, 11:11 AM
PayPal sent... Thanks Paul...

Paul Pachmayer
06-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi Darin,

Everything shipped yesterday, Priority mail.

Thanks,

Paul.