PDA

View Full Version : Eco hulls/ hardware??

j.m.
06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Steven, could you see if there are some manufacturers that make eco hulls that could be imported? Maybe the H&M Zip or one of the Etti hulls?

Guys, if you would possibly buy an eco hull if Steven was selling them, please say so. Show that there is an interest in this class please!

~Jon McLendon

sailr
06-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm interested in your replies also. ECO is a dead class in the USA. Most people don't like the looks of them either. They want something that looks like a real boat. We are all tooled up and ready to make a couple different size ECOs as ARTR but won't import them to the US unless there appears to be a demand.

Steven, could you see if there are some manufacturers that make eco hulls that could be imported? Maybe the H&M Zip or one of the Etti hulls?

Guys, if you would possibly buy an eco hull if Steven was selling them, please say so. Show that there is an interest in this class please!

~Jon McLendon

Meniscus
06-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I am very interested in an Eco!!! For purchase in the late July timeframe.

sailr
06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
We have three different sizes available. The newest is the Mini Eco:

As a new class in Naviga, Mini ECO is now getting popular in many countries. Tenshock Mini ECO is 427 mm in length, 170mm in width, including TS-N1025 brushless motor, 30A ESC, servo, all the hardware spare parts and steel prop.Almost ready run!

Just assemble your battery and radio and you can drive your own professional racing boat!

Tenshock Mini ECO is fast in straight line and turning. The most unique point is it can self- right.

The next size is the Carbon Fiber ECO, 500mm x 175mm.I have to verify the motor and esc but pretty sure it uses a 380 size motor with 100A esc.

The third size is 600 x 250 with a 4 pole 29mm x 48mm motor and 100A ESC. It is the tournament professional series.

I will need to verify pricing, etc.

I will need to get an order of at least SIX of these boats before I will order and I will need payment in advance. Sorry, but don't want to stock the warehouse with something that may or may not sell.

j.m.
06-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I personally prefer the look of Eco hulls, along with Euro style monos.
Rc boats don't carry people, and aren't fullsize. So, therefore, I don't see why they should look like they do.

But yeah. We really need to get a few eco hulls out and about at the local ponds, then it will start catching on. I'm also thinking eco style hulls would be better at running in choppy water (submerged drive, flood chambers). Maybe there's a possibility of an "offshore" class... ?

bigpapa
06-11-2009, 08:16 AM
paul has one left for sale in swap page

sailr
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't disagree with you but every time we have tried to interest people in them they turn up their noses. ECO is HOT in Europe but not here.

Strictly business!

I personally prefer the look of Eco hulls, along with Euro style monos.
Rc boats don't carry people, and aren't fullsize. So, therefore, I don't see why they should look like they do.

But yeah. We really need to get a few eco hulls out and about at the local ponds, then it will start catching on. I'm also thinking eco style hulls would be better at running in choppy water (submerged drive, flood chambers). Maybe there's a possibility of an "offshore" class... ?

Meniscus
06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
...I will need to get an order of at least SIX of these boats before I will order and I will need payment in advance...

sailr, I'd still be interested in a CF one if the interest increases, length TBD. As stated previously, purchase in late July timeframe, perhaps mid July.

Do you need 6 of the same model or can the interested parties mix and match for a grand total of 6? Also, can you get us some more pics and confirm configurations?

:popcorn2:

sailr
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Should be able to mix and match. Waiting on pricing from the factory now.

sailr, I'd still be interested in a CF one if the interest increases, length TBD. As stated previously, purchase in late July timeframe, perhaps mid July.

Do you need 6 of the same model or can the interested parties mix and match for a grand total of 6? Also, can you get us some more pics and confirm configurations?

:popcorn2:

Meniscus
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks sailr.

For anyone that has heard of these Eco hulls, but haven't seen what they're capable of, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirBZZEU_hQ&feature=related&pos=4

You know you want to run one and be among the first in the U.S. to support this type of racing! ;) Why not start with proven hulls such as these!

Darin Jordan
06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
You know you want to run one and be among the first in the U.S. to support this type of racing! ;) Why not start with proven hulls such as these!

You realize, however, that ECO has been a racing class in NAMBA for many years???

NAMBA Rule Book, Section 28, Page 16:

c) ECO

i) Purpose - to provide an “economical” electric class utilizing affordable
and readily available 05 motors and economical hardware.

ii) General Rules

(a) These ECO Class electric racing rules are intended as a
supplement to the general and Electric racing rules of
NAMBA. In the case of a conflict, ECO class rules will
prevail.
(b) This class will comply with the existing rules for electric
Offshore with exceptions as specified below.

iii) Hull Specifications

(a) This class will comply with the existing rules NAVIGA ECO
class.
(b) Boats must use a submerged drive with the rudder pivot
forward of the transom.
(c) There is no minimum or maximum hull length.

iv) Motor Specifications

(a) A Limited Modified class utilizing any NORCA approved
motor as defined by current NORCA 19T Limited Modified
rules. 1-6 cells are permitted.
(b) Any ROAR-approved stock motor as defined by current ROAR
parameters. 1-6 cells are permitted.
(c) Motors must be in accordance with current NORCA rules for
19T Limited Modified Motors, or with ROAR motor rules for
stock motors. From 1 to 6 Sub-C cells only are permitted; any
battery chemistry is allowed.

v) Official Courses

(a) The course size for records will be the standard electric
Offshore course.
(b) In the absence of a legal Offshore course, the host club may
use any oval format desired. Records may not be set on such a
course.
(c) The host club may elect to use a NAVIGA Triangle course as
defined in current NAVIGA rules.
(d) Straight-line racing will utilize the standard NAMBA 1/16 mile
straight-line course. Straight-line records must be set using
cells described above.
(e) Record Courses

(i) Must be a NAMBA 1/10 mile electric course.
(ii) The left turn entrance buoy is to be located 45 feet from
each turn exit buoy.
(iii)The left turn exit buoy is to be located 45 feet from the
left turn entrance buoy.

vi) Race Format
(a) The length of each heat will be in two minute increments (i.e.
four, six, eight, etc). When time is called, boats will race to the
Start/Finish line to determine the final positions.
(b) A flying clock start or a Le Mans type start may be used.

These rules need to be updated if anyone expects to run Lipos in them, as they made the "mistake" of specifying the battery allowances inside the special rules, rather than just referring to the existing power class specifications to keep things consistent.

So basically, the allowed motors would be a 19T brushed, or a Roar Stock motor (27T brushed or 17.5 ROAR Brushless)... Have NO idea why they would put ROAR Stock motors up against 19T motors, but that's what they did... :confused2:

So, the class has existed, and frankly, with very little interest. Likely would require a complete rules rethink/rewrite to get them in shape to attempt a "comeback"...

Have fun! :tiphat:

sailr
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Darin,
I think the reason the interest died is they are still married to the brushed motors and nimh batteries. These are really fun little boats. The Naviga triangle course is unique and lets you run races on a small pond with ease.

I'd like to see them come back in brushless/lipo form but there doesn't seem to be enough interest among the masses to propose the changes and lobby for them. As a result, nobody wants to invest in stocking the boats and making them easily available. Danged if you do...danged if you don't.

sailr
06-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Darin's post has hit the nail on the head. Until there is a large outcry for rules changes, ECO is going to remain a non-starter. That doesn't stop people from just running them for fun but then there isn't enough volume of sales to justify stocking them. Sorry, but I can't afford to be the guinea pig to make the investment...not with the economy today.

NOW, that being said, any club can run anything they want as just a 'club class'. IF there was enough interest in a club to run an ECO class with brushless and lipos, they could do it. Nothing stopping them. They just wouldn't be eligible for national records, etc.

Thanks sailr.

For anyone that has heard of these Eco hulls, but haven't seen what they're capable of, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirBZZEU_hQ&feature=related&pos=4

Meniscus
06-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I know the class exists, thanks for posting the info! You know I'm just trying to get more folks interested! It seems to me to be the perfect class for beginners, but is underutilized as you've indicated.

We all need an Eco! Or at least 3, LOL!

As a side note, I can't get response to my emails in our district for NAMBA. Is this typical? I know everyone is busy, but I thought I'd see something eventually. I've finally given up. We can take this topic elsewhere and not continue it here. Thanks.

j.m.
06-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I've got an idea floating around in my head that I can scratch build and design my own eco... If it works, i'll build another like it and make a mold/sell a few hulls...

But right now I just have too many projects. Would anybody else be interested?

Manny
06-13-2009, 11:38 PM
MHZ sells eco hulls

sailr
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I have just ordered six (6) mini Eco's from my manufacturer. I will blow them out at a really good price so you can get ECO's going in your area. They will be ARTR, just add receiver and battery. They are self-righting. I will have 2 white, 2 red, 2 yellow. Hope to have them in about 3 weeks. I will keep one yellow for myself so if you want the other yellow ya better pm me now!

IF they take off and orders seem possible, I will set them on the website at $249. However, those of you here on OSE can get them for $199 as an intro deal. I won't make anything on them but maybe we can get ECO going again. As far as larger ECO's go, they are available but cost for ARTR is $500+

I will announce here when they come in. If you want to reserve one, PM me.

Steven Vaccaro
06-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks for helping him out Sailr, I've tried to carry them in the past and couldnt move them.

sailr
06-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I know Steven. I'm not sure with all the talk that I can sell these either but trying to accommodate. I hope the guys come through. The ECO just isn't popular in the US. These are brushless and run 3S lipo with 3200KV motor and stainless steel prop. Should be little screamers.

OK guys, we will now find out if you're all talk or .... :sad:

Meniscus
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
This is a great deal sailr!

Come on guys, this is your chance to own one before the masses figure it out. I tell you, you won't be disappointed with the speed and they're perfect for those windy days when the Blackjack and the SuperVee are assured to flip!

How could you go wrong with a self-righting design?!?!

sailr
06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
When the boats come in, I will post a special code on this thread that you will use when ordering one of the ECO's. I am NOT offering this deal anywhere else on the net and will most likely not even put this first group of boats on our website.

Again, first come, first served at that price. As I am keeping one of the boats, there will only be 5 available.

sailr
06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
OK Guys, the Mini-ECO's are flyin out the door already! People asked to 'reserve' them and I agreed. But it has to be done HERE through OSE, PM or email.

6 are on order, 4 are already reserved!

Reserved: 2 red, 2 yellow

Still available: 2 white.

Hurry! Just email or PM and I'll put you on the list. PLEASE be ready to pay when I contact you and tell you the boats are in!

I will take reservations for more and if I get enough, will make another order. See post #17 in this thread for special price for here on OSE ONLY!

sailr
06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Video of Mini-ECO. Wait til you see who's driving?

The boats in this video are running on 6 cell NiMh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--HA0sKHeiw

sailr
06-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Here's another MINI-ECO video. Boats running on 2S lipos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJl5nfEpts

Meniscus
06-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Great videos sailr!!! I tell you, for anyone that misses out on this deal sailr is offering, you're going to regret it. I'm not letting this one pass me by :tt2:

It's great to see them self-righting. Thanks for posting the videos sailr.

sailr
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Glad you enjoyed the videos! What about that incredible building in the background?!! That is normal in China these days. You guys need to go over there. You won't believe it. Beautiful place, wonderful people!

Great videos sailr!!! I tell you, for anyone that misses out on this deal sailr is offering, you're going to regret it. I'm not letting this one pass me by :tt2:

It's great to see them self-righting. Thanks for posting the videos sailr.

sailr
06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
UPDATE

4 boats reserved. Only 2 mini-eco's left! Hurry!

6 are on order, 4 are already reserved!

Reserved: 2 red, 2 yellow

Still available: 2 white.

Hurry! Just email or PM and I'll put you on the list. You don't have to pay now but PLEASE be ready to pay when I contact you and tell you the boats are in! Don't reserve unless you plan to follow through with the special $199 deal for OSE members only!

Diegoboy
07-04-2009, 11:01 PM
It's hard to see the boat from the videos, do you have any pics of the "business end"

sailr
07-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Look at Post #4 earlier in this thread. The fourth pic down shows the bottom of the boat. ECO's are submerged props and rudder, not behind the boat. All ECO's are this way, not just ours.

It's hard to see the boat from the videos, do you have any pics of the "business end"

sailr
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
THE ECO's have arrived. Shipment at post office. Will pick up today. I will be contacting the buyers and asking for their payment. Still TWO left, both white.

Diegoboy
07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
-→ SWEET! ←-

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/smiley/hah.gifhttp://www.diegoboy.com/misc/smiley/icon_peace.gif

sailr
07-10-2009, 06:51 AM
I'll get yours shipped out probably Monday. Still inventorying everything in from the shipment. PM me your address!

Thanks!!

-→ SWEET! ←-

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/smiley/hah.gifhttp://www.diegoboy.com/misc/smiley/icon_peace.gif

sailr
07-10-2009, 06:52 AM
I just unpacked one of these little guys and WOW! They are incredibly well made! I'm impressed! Cool little boat!!

alvinsmith75
07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
How about some pics, please.

sailr
07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
DOH! go back to the beginning of this thread. Message #4

sailr
07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Still two white ones left! C'mon guys, you got me to order these in for you and I'm giving you a special deal on them.

Diegoboy
07-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Sailr,
Can I return my ECO? There are 2 holes in the bottom of the hull. See attachment...

Diegoboy
07-19-2009, 12:42 AM
:just-kidding: :just-kidding: :just-kidding:

For those that don't know, They are the air escape ports for the flood chamber. :rockon2:

sailr
07-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the second post. I was about to bash you about the head and shoulders for utter stupidity! Haaaar!

sailr
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
MINI-ECO's are BACK IN STOCK. White, Red, Yellow at www.minicatracingusa.com

sailr
11-11-2009, 08:36 AM
bump

Tunda
11-16-2009, 01:15 AM
I just got one from Ira and im looking for some props where can i get some?

astecme
11-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Mini ecos are fun but they cannot come near to matching full size eco boats. The TS 06 eco would be the one to go for but the artr version needs a better motor 4900 or better kv and a 5400 2s lipo.

These are as fast as a mono round an oblong short course as they turn really quickly. They were designed for 30metre triangle but are more fun round an M course. Setting up an eco is not easy - they go right from the box but take work to make them really fast.

The Etti Storm Knight is also a great boat as is the Tsunami - but the Tsunami has difficulty with more than 3800 kv motor and a 31mm 2.4 prop.

These boats are great for smaller lakes.

I sell all of them but you are better off getting from minicat racing or OSE I think stock other ETTI products.

astecme
11-16-2009, 03:06 AM
TS 06 is the yellow one.