PDA

View Full Version : Solder for lipo tabs....Help

Punisher 67
06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I have removed a dead cell out of my badly abused 6S pack and want to turn it into a 4S pack , how and where do I get the solder to reconnect the wires back to the aluminum tabs

Yes we all gotto start somewhere........................:doh:

teach
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I have removed a dead cell out of my badly abused 6S pack and want to turn it into a 4S pack , how and where do I get the solder to reconnect the wires back to the aluminum tabs

Yes we all gotto start somewhere........................:doh:

www.cheapbatterypacks.com is where I bought mine. I just went to his site and it isn't up. Really a nice vendor, hope he didn't go under.

Be warned. Use a super hot iron and be prepared to ruin the tip. Whatever is in the flux is some nasty stuff.

Punisher 67
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reply Tino , I can't bring his website up anymore I will keep looking

teach
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the reply Tino , I can't bring his website up anymore I will keep looking

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?sid=1607155&pgid=bldg Direct link, scroll to the bottom and that's the stuff.

On a side note: YAY I'm glad he isn't out of business.

Punisher 67
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Tino I thank you my friend I just ordered flux and paste , now I can continue abusing my batteries..........................:banana: