PDA

View Full Version : wiring an on/off switch

bwells
06-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I just received my new ESC from Hong Kong and it has a built in BEC but no on/off switch. I've noticed you guys talking about cutting the red wire to the receiver for adding an external BEC and would this solve my problem by putting a SPST switch in line on the red wire? Thanks.:confused2::confused2:

Eyekandyboats
06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
yes red wire !

JimClark
06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
or you can use a receiver battery also and not use the BEC

Jeff Wohlt
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Best choice is buy and extenstion and cut that RED wire so you can run with or without and not screw up the original wire.

I prefer to never run BEC. Just my old style I guess...never had a run away boat or glitching either.

bwells
06-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Jeff and Jim, I prefer not to run an external receiver pack so I would like to utilize the internal Bec but need an on/off switch without switching a battery wire. I noticed today the red wire is in the center and for some reason I was thinking it was on the outside of the connector. I'll look at other ads for ESC's and see if I have the same colors, don't want to do the Mission Impossible thing and say " cut the red one, no the brown one,etc." My ESC has brown,red,orange. Thanks for your reply. Brian