06-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Joining the club. Could not pass up the discount hull for my first build. Hope
to use everyones guidance. Can't wait to get started

sewerpit
06-05-2009, 07:53 AM
good move the hull is great keep us posted

sailr
06-05-2009, 10:44 AM
now you have to tell us where to get a bargain hull ;-)

Eodman
06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Great to a new member of the club ... lots of info here on this site ... and lots of guys willing to share info!

I think the 2 Gurus on the Mean Machine are guys named "Fluid & ReddyWatts" they have offered a great deal of info!

I added a picture of my 1st MM build with outboards ... I have a 2nd hull that I built powered with a Feigao 9xl that I need to get pictures of!

AZpdljumper
06-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Got the hull here

http://www.aeromarinerc.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=134&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

sewerpit
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
love those out boards any pics of inside

Eodman
06-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah I do just have to find them ....my Mom just had a heart attack and my son graduates high school tomorrow so it may take a bit!

questtek
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I am currently building up two Mean Machines as shown in the Pics, Stock Blue and Yellow from Remy. Both have Feigao FG 540XL motors 2084 KV with water cooled jackets. I have 200 Amp speed controllers and the LiPos will be some new cells that I should receive in two weeks These new LiPos are 2s 40C Rated conservatevly at 5000mAhr. I will combine the carbon fiber cased cells with 5.5 mm bullet connectors to provide 4 S to the speed controller and thus to the 540XL.

My big question is on prop recomendations?.........or any other recommendations you might have that would produce a "Meaner" Mean Machine! Balance point still recomended at 9" from the transom?

The units will be running full Eagle Tree monitoring with GPS and OSD with retransmitted video. There is certainly lots of room in the hull. My goal is to use these as test beds for various electronic component evaluations. Any suggestions welcomed.

PS, I am very fortunate to have an ideal test lab in front of the dock at my lake front home in Southern California. My retriever boat is a 16 foot electric Party boat!

electrick
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Another new MM18 owner here, who'd like to join the club.:banana:.

I just received my hull today. I got the one with the nitro engine, with plans to take it out for now and keep for experimenting on another hull later perhaps.

I have a brand new Feigao 12XL to use, from an airplane project that never materialized, and a pair of used Nemesis motors coming, an 11XL and 12 XL. I have a Turnigy 120 amp water-cooled ESC for the boat.

I have raced boats in the past--I had several boats back through the early-mid '80's (my first real racing hull was an ORIGINAL Mean Machine cat with a K&B 7.5 inboard), so I'm not a newbie to boats. I am kind of new to FE boat setups however--especially the small stuff.

My last two nitro hulls were a 42" mono with a modified Picco .90 in it, and a twin K&B .67 powered rigger.:laugh:

I am looking for some suggestions for props for this hull, using the above motors, and most likely a 6S LiPo setup to keep the amps reasonable. I won't be racing the boat (at least not right away), so I'm looking for speeds in the mid-40's up to 50 mph range.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Rick

questtek
06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Rick,

You are going to turn a lot higher RPM's than I am. That 6s pack should give you quite a kick compared to my 4S pacs. A nitro engine came with one of my boats but will give it away since the lake I live on only permits electrics. Will be interesting to compare prop suggestions.

Best, Joe

sewerpit
06-09-2009, 09:07 AM
eodman what part of new jersey are you from? where do you run? im from north jersey ,bergen county lots of good spots up here

Eodman
06-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Middlesex county, Sayreville

We have a good size pond with about 700 yards shore to shore! Nice thing about it is it's got a low sulfer content(no smell) so nothing grows, no fish, no turtles, no geese! And crystal clear!