PDA

View Full Version : Super Vee 27 Problem

powerboatman1
07-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi, i've had my SUpervee for a few days and yesterday I was driving it and it just stopped, now I try to plug in the batteries and turn on the transmitter and it won't beep. In the manual it said switch the th rev switch i did that and still nothing, any ideas?

thanks

Fluid
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Wow, you have not told us anything helpful. Did you recharge the drive batteries? Are the transmitter batteries replaced? Did it get wet inside the hull? Are all the wires plugged in correctly? Did it stop while running on the water or did it just not start? Tell us more details please! :confused:

Steven Vaccaro
07-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi, i've had my SUpervee for a few days and yesterday I was driving it and it just stopped, now I try to plug in the batteries and turn on the transmitter and it won't beep. In the manual it said switch the th rev switch i did that and still nothing, any ideas?

thanks If it was going full speed and just stopped there could be many problems. Radio, batteries, esc, motor.

Does the rudder still move left and right? Did any water get into the radio box?

Vee Monster
07-08-2007, 11:44 AM
my supervee did not run at all from the factory.

maybe you can here some churping noises from the motor and it just does not spin the prop.

i fixed it by resoldering all of the connectors on the motor and putting heat shrink over them.

powerboatman1
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM
it got water inside the hull, so does the receiver probably need to be replaced?

( sorry for bumping up such and old topic

Doby
11-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Just let it dry out really well and it will be fine.

Doby
11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
If the receiver got wet in the waterproof box, then the steering servo might have as well. I usually place everything on top of a heating vent and the the circulating air dry things out for a day or two.
Make sure that when you plug the steering servo back in to the receiver, you make sure to notice for any eratic behavior. If it does act up, the remove it and open the case to assist in the drying process.

I have had this happen several times to my receivers, they always work fine afterwards ;o)

Ratpoo
11-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Powerboatman, I had exactly the same problem. I was on my third or fourth use of my SV27, can't remember which one. Anyway I was happily thrashing on my local pod when it just completely died in the water. After pulling it completely apart(again) and individually testing the components I found that one of the wire lead from the ESC had come loose from its solder inside the shrink wrap. It still looked perfectly fine plugged into the motor. It did take some time to find thefault. I'm just happy thats all its was. Now I'm happily thrashing me SV27 again. Have fun and go for it.

crazzy maxx
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
check all your wires and if there all connected you probably blew your esc.

with all these"horror storys" i dont think im purchasing a sv27

Bill-SOCAL
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
with all these"horror storys" i dont think im purchasing a sv27

That is too bad. For the money this is one of the best deals on water. I like mine a bunch. Yesterday I had a guy cut across in front of me, neither one of us was paying enough attention, and I jumped right across his bow leaving GrimRacer 42x55 props marks and a nasty gash from my rudder. I only bent my rudder and pushed the starboard turn fin back. Reset the turn fin and bent the rudder back and ran it 4 more times that day.

On the same day I "touched", OK, HIT a turn pylon out in the lake. The boat went submarine for a few seconds, bobbed back upright onto he surface and away I went again. No visible damage, no water in the hull, nothing.

Go solid boats in my book.

The only "musts" for it are to seal the wood, seal the hardware and seal the water cooling fittings on the ESC. None are a big deal. Everything else is just fun stuff to do.

Dale Koblitz
12-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I just ordered a green one yesturday. After some research I discovered I could never build a better one for under $500. so I figured $270. is well worth it. I can allways put a 9L and a hydra 120 on 2- 2S 2P lipo's. I've been told this is a proven high speed upgrade.

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I just ordered a green one yesturday. After some research I discovered I could never build a better one for under $500. so I figured $270. is well worth it. I can allways put a 9L and a hydra 120 on 2- 2S 2P lipo's. I've been told this is a proven high speed upgrade.

You could have built a better boat for $500.00

Delta 29 hull $130
Speedmaster hardware $100
Aqua bl system $160
am radio $45
Motor mount and turn fins. $40
odds and ends $30

Bill-SOCAL
12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
But the SV is RTR (more or less) and gives a new guy a "go by" so he has an idea of what things should look like, how they are set up, etc.

I still think it is the best deal on the water right now. Plus it can serve as a platform to start tinkering, new motors, props, etc.

There is a lot to learn and the SV is a great lesson platform. Plus it is just fun to run.

Dale Koblitz
12-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, what I ment was it would take $500+ to build a better rtr with radio and all. Even just getting a reciever for my DX3 is like $80. allmost 1/3 of the price. Then $120ish for a decent hull, $150ish for 120 amp or close esc, $100 for running gear and I'm allready over $500. What kind of marine BL system are you thinking you can get for $160.? I think the only one would be the SV or the BJ which wouldn't make much sence. Might as well get a SV and save yourself $200.. My wife doesn't even approve of me blowing $300. right now on a boat, so I have to do it gradually. So I'll start with that sinceit gets me in the water right away instead of piecing it out. Then I will add a Cuda or Hacker and next will be an ammo or some L or XL series motor. Actually first I will probably add a metal cooling jacket, adjustable trim tabs, whip antenna to back of the hull and seal her up. I spent like over $3000 on my RC trucks this summer then I just got a mini-V and converted the drive to octura flex, water cooled, the bl pulso esc, and feigao 380 16s, octura x430 prop, turn fins, and trim tabs and now I have an uncontrollable boat on 3s 1650 lipo. I also am going to order a micro mogli hull for all those goodies this summer. And I don't even know if I'll be racing because the boat club broke up this last summer, so the future for boating in my area is unclear. I wouldn't need anything better than a highly modded SV just for bumming around the lake when I take my family out on the lake in my real boat.

ice329
12-09-2007, 12:53 PM
A cooling jacket, the dubro antena and a prop. Cheap.. go with a CF45 More expensive but worth it..X642 or M445 Good batterys are key.

A few people said to me.. I spent XXXX on this boat and that SV blows mine away and its electric!

Steven Vaccaro
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Bill I agree the sv is a great start into electrics. The best part is its built in the same idea as a good race boat. So if you take a sv apart and have some basic tools you can see how to build a boat from the hull up.

Dale the radio in the sv is worth about $30.00. I think the sv is the best bang for the buck out there. I just gave you the run down of a boat that will out handle and out run a sv in the $500 range that you said you couldn't do it in. What I quoted was a sv power system.

Bill-SOCAL
12-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Bill I agree the sv is a great start into electrics. The best part is its built in the same idea as a good race boat. So if you take a sv apart and have some basic tools you can see how to build a boat from the hull up.

:iagree:

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Thanks for saying it so people can actually understand it!!

The layout, arrangement, and logic of the hardware, electronics, and radio are essentially the same as any good race boat. Plus it "acts" like a good race boat in that it responds to tweaking as it should. So playing with props, trim tabs, strut angle, rudder angle, etc. are all the same as you can expect from a bigger "better" boat.

What a fantastic tool!! Plus you can actually race them!! Some fun. I ran mine 5 times today, the little hydro just once (windy) and the P mono (32" DF Storm) three times. The SV is just a fun boat to drive around.

powerboatman1
01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I checked the wires that have the connectors. Are those the ones people are having trouble with? Or are they other ones. Havent Checked the plugs that connect to the battery. Thanks

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/igotnikes/IMG_1581.jpg

sjslhill
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a shame that people have to buy a junk boat just to see how to build a good one. I have seen so many problems with the SV27, they might as well call it AuqaJunk

Bill-SOCAL
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
It's a shame that people have to buy a junk boat just to see how to build a good one. I have seen so many problems with the SV27, they might as well call it AuqaJunk

I think this is over the top. Is it perfect? No. Is it junk? Hardly.

Dale Koblitz
01-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Well for $270.00 you could buy a Villain!

SweetAccord
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Battlepack, hasn't your mother ever taught you that "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" :w00t:

SweetAccord
02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Are you running your motor wires exposed like that? Ewww....even in the pic. they look like they are touching each other.

chunt92
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
not that it maters in this thread i love mine,i just need to quit trying to make a speed record lol.

SweetAccord
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah man to that chunt92.