PDA

View Full Version : Sweet ride! (newbie's maiden run :)

Steve_Aus
05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Howdy all!

Still smiling to myself - thought id share!

Work travel over the last few weeks got in the way of taking my new SV out - until today. Slightly overcast, but very still conditions, my local lake (google maps) (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Jackadder+Lake&sll=-24.846565,135.703125&sspn=54.128812,89.648438&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17) was smooth as a mill pond.

Launched her and did a few slow passes to check rudder trim etc - all looked good. Opened her up a little to get up on plane - all going good. Nailed the throttle, and had to play catchup for a second to keep up! Wow - these things cover some water :) Managed to bounce off a marker bouy the RC Sailors use, fortunately the evidence polished out (note to self - learn to look a further forward).

I had the CG set to about 8" - and she was riding and turning really stable! Considering it was so calm, i could probably have moved the CG back a little.

Cant wait to upgrade the prop and stick a port turn fin on!

Steve

ozboater
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
sounds great... another perthy eh ?? i m from bunbury.... welcome to the forum / SV... i love mine... heaps of fun... adj trim tabs here from ose are a nice upgrade as well...

good luck

Checkmateguy01
05-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats man, the're cool little boats aren't they? I love mine, actually my SV27 has got me hooked on this brushless stuff, i just finished building another brushless boat out of an old nitro hull i had layin around, and i'm already thinking about converting my old Aeromarine .20 Sprint Cat over to brushless. Like ozboater said, get a set of the adjustable trim tabs, they work really well. Have fun man! :beerchug: