PDA

View Full Version : ETT[ 150 setup

jesflorida
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I am setting up my new ETTI 150 ESC and have a problem. First, the Futaba throttle had to be reversed. Then I set the Mode 1 to 4 cells for 12 volts cut off.
When I went to normal operation, the throttle in neutral resulted in high RPM on the motor, and full brake still left moderate RPM.

So, I turned off the receiver, and adjusted the subtrim on the throttle.

When I activated the receiver, two short ring tones, which the poorly written 4 page manual indicates the power source (My guess is the receiver battery), controller and motor are connected.

But, the two Beep, Beep does not follow (manual says the controller is not under control of the receiver. And, no output on the motor when throttle is applied.

What can I do to fix this?? Or is it back to the manufacturer?

jesflorida

Jesse J
05-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I wish people wouldn't say these are easy to program. It took me probably 20-30 min to get through the frustration and three different kinds of beeps and all the combinations. Try starting over. If you have internal BEC, you dont need rx pack (just to state all possibilities). If you don't you need fresh batteries. Make sure your packs are charged (I know, but you never know). Read the instructions well and highlight the option you are going to choose. Big breaths and start over on the programming. Good luck.

sailr
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
It's not unusual to have to reverse throttle on the Futaba radio! Lots of esc's require this.

Does the ETTI require you to set the throttle travel before moving on with the programming? I know the Castle does and probably some others. Are you skipping that step? As I recall, with other ESC's you have to turn on the transmitter, HOLD full throttle and THEN plug the battery into the ESC, wait for some beeps and then either return the throttle to neutral or actually push it forward. More beeps. THEN turn everything off. Turn on the transmitter, plug in the power battery to the ESC, and follow the programming instructions from there.

This is probably not 100% accurate and I've never done an ETTI but just some things to check out.

Rumdog
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
you have to give the transmitter full forward throttle while plugging in your batts to enter program mode. hold it full throttle till you get to the section of programming you want.

sailr
05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Yep, forgot about that. But FIRST you set your throttle travel...right? At least you have to do this on a castle.

you have to give the transmitter full forward throttle while plugging in your batts to enter program mode. hold it full throttle till you get to the section of programming you want.

Chilli
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
You shouldnt have to. The Etti 150's default throttle setting is auto throttle calibration.

knpc
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
I had trouble setting up my etti with my futaba 3pm also. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did everything worked perfect. I wish I could remember what I did. It should work, it just takes a bit of time. The instructions don't tell you everything you need to know to set it up. I read them countless times and still couldn't make sense of them.

jesflorida
05-28-2009, 03:21 AM
Problem solved. I woke up at 2 AM and thought about it. Then to the shop at 3 AM and reentered the changes needed.

THEN I EXITED THE SET UP PROGRAM BY FULL BRAKE UNTIL THE CONFIRMING SIGNAL.

As several suggested, RTFP.

Thanks to all.