PDA

View Full Version : Steering Adjustment Questions?

BusyP3109
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I just bought my first boat and it happened to be a Fast Tech.... I was wondering if anyone out there knew how to adjust the steering so it turns sharper? Out of the box it makes wide turns, I want something a little more sharper of a turn. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?:help:

Fluid
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome aboard! With the simple stock radio you will have to make mechanical adjustments. I don't have a FASTech to look at, but you want to move the pushrod to the outer-most hole in the servo arm. If it is already there, then move the pushrod to the next inner hole in the rudder steering arm. Either will tighten up the turns. This boat will turn tighter if you keep on the throttle than if you really slow down in the turns. Watch out for pushrod binding.

;

LiPo Power
05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
This test was done by Darin Jordan in his racing adventure using FF. You can read his review in the third thread:

I tried it bone stock, prop and all... the turn fins really caused it to trip in the turns. I took them off and bent them outward to make them perpendicular to the bottom of the boat... HUGE improvement.

So that is what he did to improve turns. I did not make any changes to my turn fins yet but I will. Right now she is jumping on sharp turns. Wide turns are perfect.