PDA

View Full Version : Drive line problems

FERCB
05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey guys! Been a member of the forum for a while now and just got my first boat, Formula Fastech. Had it out a couple of times and seems to work great. Then I decided to take the drive line out of the stuffing box and lubricate it. I used marine grease from the local hardware store(not sure if that marine grease is the right stuff or not), lubricated the whole shaft, put it all back together and went to the local pond to do a run. When I put it in the water I hit the throttle and it went about 5 feet and the the motor just started spinning without turning the prop. When I opened the hatch up and spun the motor over slowly the collet nuts were turing but not the drive shaft, and the nuts were very tight. Not sure where to go from here?! Can you help me please!

LiPo Power
05-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Did your lexshaft snap? Possible. Sometimes they are rusted inside and this coud be the reason. Not all motor non brand coolets are made perfect. Maybe your shaft is still slipping inside..... Let me know. Good to now what your problem was...