PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you mono experts

Raydee
05-25-2009, 08:08 AM
My DF 33 seems to really run wet in the right hand turns. If I angle the right turn fin away from the hull will that do the trick?

NorthernBoater
05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
My DF 33 seems to really run wet in the right hand turns. If I angle the right turn fin away from the hull will that do the trick?

That should work. I have it set up to be perpendicular to the bottom and so it is not in the water when driving straight.

Boatman
05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Is your rudder tucked under a bit? I like to let mine angle back a bit so at speed the rudder is perpindicular (SP?) to the water. This way when I turn the angle does not bring the front of the boat down. If that makes any sense

properchopper
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Ray, turning "wet" on the DF 33 seems to be the norm. Mine, as well as all others I've seen racing or playing pretty much just plow through the turns with a fair amount of bow wave. The front portion of the hull hardly tapers upward like, say, a Lizard EX or Rico hull so it stays pretty wet in the turns. Just be carefull to not crank in too much rudder or it will hook. Boatman's suggestion may help some.

Doby
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Ditto, mine runs wet in turns in either direction!

Flyguy55
05-25-2009, 01:49 PM
First of all clamp a long straight edge on the turn fin or fins and be sure they are parallel to the keel of the boat . if not , make them parallel .
Two things to try . Tucking the rudder in ( when the keel is level the bottom of the leading edge of the rudder is forward of the leading edge at the keel. )will lift the bow in the turns .
If your using trim tabs adjust or bend up the outside of the right trim tab up a 1/16th or so .
Either or both can lift the bow in the rt turn .

BILL OXIDEAN
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I've got a mono that wets up when I turn LEFT..
I suspect trim tab placement.. I've played with it a bit, and it helped, but I feel I need to raise it like .5mm