PDA

View Full Version : stutter bump

afrojefro
05-24-2009, 10:55 PM
what is the stutter bump thing for the boat my boat does not slow down or anything it just died in the middle of the lake and i had to go swimming lol:doh:

Camman
05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
what is the stutter bump thing for the boat my boat does not slow down or anything it just died in the middle of the lake and i had to go swimming lol:doh:

:eek:

NEVER EVER SWIM FOR YOUR BOAT

When I am running with out a retrieval boat I use a tennis ball on my fishing pole

Punch a small hole in tennis ball take a 1/8inch X 2inch piece of dowel or metal rod

Tie line around it and press thru hole in tennis ball and allow rod to turn sideways inside ball.
Vola! cast past your boat let line go across boat then slowly real in line & allow it to hook up on boat. In my case usually snag antenna & wind her in

I do use spider wire on my fishing poles which is just amazing stuff if you have never seen it. VERY abrasion resistant
Hope this helps

Again!
Please do not swim for your boats
:beerchug:
Mike

TCR
06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I have to swim almost every time out(either my super flip or UL-1 ESC failure). Other than water mocs and alligater gar, I don't see why not (my neighborhood 25 acre lake in my back yard). I think it depends on your surroundings and nerve.

Meniscus
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
afrojefro and TCR,

Unfortunately, there are many that have decided to swim after a boat and have never come back. In many cases, they get far out, can't touch the bottom and panic. In addition, in most places throughout the US, the water temperature could also be a factor in causing cramping, etc.

This is the exact reason why you will find no one is in favor of someone swimming out for a boat. A boat is never worth your life.

I don't want to come off as grim or negative, but merely wanted to recommend reconsidering before you go out to swim for a boat. :thumbup1:

If you have any questions regarding how to retrieve a stranded boat, please post! Almost everyone will be more than happy and patient to make sure you do not have to resort to swimming.

Capt. Crash
06-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Ditto!:beerchug:

Meniscus
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
If you absolutely insist on not listening to reason, ALWAYS wear a life vest so if anything happens, you are still floating in the water. It's just too easy to make an investment on your life so nothing happens to you!

TCR
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I guess my circumstances are completely different, and I don't want to come across as a dumb azz red neck. I'm 6'5", and I haven't found a spot in the pond over my head yet (very shallow). I'm 34 yrs young, in decent shape, working out 4 times a week and I have webbed feet, jk, but raised on a lake and have always had a pool. So, I should be ok here at my place, but all of our places are different.

Fluid
06-22-2009, 03:16 PM
If you absolutely insist on not listening to reason, then good luck to you. I hope you are safe on your special pond. I've heard it all before of course, the last time from a guy a few weeks before he drowned trying to retrieve his full-scale boat.

Now to everyone else - those of us who are mortal that is - never swim for an R/C boat. I know of at least four people who have drowned while doing it, of course there are many more who were not nationally reported. A close friend once went "wading" by himself to retrieve his stranded T Mono, only to step into a hole and go to the bottom. He barely made it back to shore, all the time thinking about how his family would react to finding his dead body in the pond, dead obviously while trying to retrieve his toy boat. What a stupid thing to die for. Think about it....

Flying Scotsman
06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
If you absolutely insist on not listening to reason, then good luck to you. I hope you are safe on your special pond. I've heard it all before of course, the last time from a guy a few weeks before he drowned trying to retrieve his full-scale boat.

Now to everyone else - those of us who are mortal that is - never swim for an R/C boat. I know of at least four people who have drowned while doing it, of course there are many more who were not nationally reported. A close friend once went "wading" by himself to retrieve his stranded T Mono, only to step into a hole and go to the bottom. He barely made it back to shore, all the time thinking about how his family would react to finding his dead body in the pond, dead obviously while trying to retrieve his toy boat. What a stupid thing to die for. Think about it....

AMEN!!!!

Douggie

TCR
06-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow, geez guys; different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm sorry for saying anything AT ALL on this thread.

Meniscus
06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
TCR, this is a subject that is very close to the hearts of many and when it can be prevented, you can see the passion for heeding the warnings.

It's unnecessary to risk your life, regardless of the circumstances. What's the worst case scenario? You take a deep breath from the shore and get a final glimpse as the boat sinks, then live to run a boat another day. As Fluid indicated, this also means you get to see your family and friends again. There's no arguing that.

Flying Scotsman
06-22-2009, 03:50 PM
It is not a point of how good a swimmer you may be. There is the great possibilty the boat may restart and cut one of your main arteries.

Douggie

egneg
06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
An Rc boater drowned here in Lake Trashmore about a year ago trying to get his boat.

Drag Boat Bob
06-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I find it more fun to test my skills at recovery with a tug boat.

Photo (not mine) courtesy of Capt. Crash

I purchased the AQ Atlantic for $229 RTR. It works great!

Actually the water mocs and alligator gar would be enough to keep me out of the water...

TCR
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I find it more fun to test my skills at recovery with a tug boat.

Photo (not mine) courtesy of Capt. Crash

I purchased the AQ Atlantic for $229 RTR. It works great!

Actually the water mocs and alligator gar would be enough to keep me out of the water...

Yeah, but they aren't near as nasty as some of those snappin' turtles w/ heads bigger than their shells I've seen in the northern areas. We've got nothing on those bad boys! I've killed 5 copper heads, 1 rattler, and only God knows how many cotton mouths this year so far. THe gar dont bother me, but they look scary and are hell to get off a hook! All around my "special" pond.