PDA

View Full Version : Flight Power and Hyperion G3

sjslhill
05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Was told today the FP cells and (Hyperion) are made in the same factory in Malaysia. So, there ya have it. Let the chest thumping begin over who's is best. :laugh:

PS, this same distributor told me that Zippy was a great product for much less......not the same I might add, but good and at a MUCH lower costs. No he did not sell these.

regards,
Steve

Raydee
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
I can say I ran my G3's yesterday and they sure did have some punch. Iwill let you know in about 50 cycles if I am still happy with them. My last set of FP packs is showing a lack of power after about 30 cycles last season. I also bought some Zippy Flightmax cells for my 30 size electric heli that I plan to beat on pretty good, we will see how the zippy's hold up.

detox
05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Was told today the FP cells and (Hyperion) are made in the same factory in Malaysia. So, there ya have it. Let the chest thumping begin over who's is best. :laugh:

PS, this same distributor told me that Zippy was a great product for much less......not the same I might add, but good and at a MUCH lower costs. No he did not sell these.

regards,
Steve

Do not believe everything your told. According to the box my new Hyperion G3 cells were made in China. :laugh: MAYBE the new Flightpower EON X lipos are made in China as well.

sjslhill
05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Okay, good point..........interesting. :ohmy:

Do not believe everything your told. According to the box my new Hyperion G3 cells were made in China. :laugh: MAYBE the new Flightpower EON X lipos are made in China as well.

Himalaya
05-25-2009, 02:26 AM
FP and older version Hyperion are same Enerland cells.
FP now continues using Enerland's V2 series cells for their new EON packs. Hyperion wents to a Chinese cell manufacturer for its new G3.

I've read several eneland based packs has problem of rased IR, include my brand new Hyperion previous generation 25C-4350-6S

sjslhill
05-25-2009, 10:20 AM
So, Thunder Power, Hyperion and SMC are all using China with parts from Japan? FP and Neu are still Enerland? How is Hyperion using Nano without A123 technology? Looks like some serious things going on out there. AirCraft World is selling A123 cells for $10 something now as well, I guess they are dropping that line.

I'll sit back and watch here for reports on the truth, you won't see any on that other site.

Doug Smock
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
It will be interesting to see posts about cell performance this year.

Doug

sjslhill
05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
People are really hyping the Hyperion G3 on RCGroups, Nippon Dave of AirCraft world and others, even Raydee was on there. Raydee, I look forward to your reports 50 cycles in.

Raydee
05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Yep I will be posting. I ran a couple more charges on them today and my Delta Force 33 was fast and had a ton of pop. It is almost to much of a handful to drive at this point. I did a few nice barrel rolls with it today BUT it was windy so it may not have been the best day for the mono's. I am hoping that these cells hold up but I will be the first to tell you if they are crap ;)

Himalaya
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I bought a Hyperion G3 35C 4200mAh 6S pack, not yet have a chance to try it in my DF mono, but it looked great on my charger, calculated IR is only 2.3mΩ/cell from the EOSinsight software. pack IR reads stupid low on the charger's LCD, 6mΩ, makes no sense. I would rather use my calculated 2.3*6=13.8mΩ as pack IR.

EPower
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I bought a Hyperion G3 35C 4200mAh 6S pack, not yet have a chance to try it in my DF mono, but it looked great on my charger, calculated IR is only 2.3mΩ/cell from the EOSinsight software. pack IR reads stupid low on the charger's LCD, 6mΩ, makes no sense. I would rather use my calculated 2.3*6=13.8mΩ as pack IR.
you will not be disappointed the 35C packs are awesome :thumbup1: