PDA

View Full Version : Boat Gutting Question

shortround79
05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I've got a couple of questions about gutting this boat. I'm still new to RC Boating (about a week) and some of you may have already read the post about the motor/esc upgrade I did. Now I want to know what to expect if I was to gut this boat? Anyone? I saw another thread in this forum, but what I'm curious to know is if someone has pics of what this thing looks like (without anything being done) on the inside? I'm thinking this may help me to better understand what will need to be done if/when I gut it out.

bluthndr
05-22-2009, 09:14 PM
i have had great results with doing this.now it handles as well as my friends drifter s!

shortround79
05-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Any photos? I'd like to see how you did it.

bluthndr
05-29-2009, 03:12 PM
ill have some up soon

koshokid
06-17-2009, 12:10 PM
ill have some up soon

Any pictures yet, bluthndr? I have already done a brushless motor swap in my Apache but I'm still running the stock drive gear so it vibrates and is just crazy loud. I'm looking at replacing the drive gear, but I figured it would be best if I gutted this thing while I was at it. I just don't wanna have to do the job twice.

Thanks for your help.

illz302
10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Pics pics pics please this would make the inside more like the BJ26 and the best thing about that is that now us apache owners could use a radio box to keep the electronics dry!!!

Fluid
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
The boat's hull IS the radio box. Experienced FE boaters make sure that their hull is watertight so no water gets to the motor, packs, et al. If you are getting water into the hull, something is wrong and you need to find out where the leaks are.

A "radio box" seldom works well in an FE boat - advanced BJ and SV owners usually rip theirs out. It takes up valuable room, restricts the placement of components, and is that much harder to dry out if there is a hull breach. Find out where your leaks are and fix them. Simple as that. :buttrock:

illz302
10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Well I cannot speak for anyone else but I do occasionally use reverse and most of the time when I do it will run the water right up over the back of the boat and well its really hard to get a good seal with hatch tape on the back end of the apache's hatch.