PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with new Hextronik 120A ESC

frdvschvy
05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I got the ESC installed and got it programmed using the hextronik software on my computer. The problem I am experiencing is as follows...

I turn on the controller, and then connect the batteries. At that point the ESC beeps indicating it is armed and all is good up until that point. If I just tap the throttle the it just starts revving to the moon and I have to disconnect the batteries to get it to stop. I have tried playing with the throttle trim on the controller going extremes in both directions with no change.

Anybody familiar with these ESC's or know what might be going on here?

Thanks,

Mike

HappyOne
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Did you calibrate it first?

frdvschvy
05-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Did you calibrate it first?

I programmed it using the USB adapter. How do I calibrate it?

domwilson
05-17-2009, 03:23 PM
If you are using a pistol type transmitter, you will need a pistix for it to run correctly.

crabstick
05-17-2009, 04:43 PM
either that or you need to modify the trigger on the pistol radio (I used to just take the spring out) to go right forward - normally where reverse will be.

HappyOne
05-17-2009, 04:43 PM
According to their instructions I got with their Marine 120A one:

1) Set EPA/ATV value of throttle channel to 100%. If you are using a Futaba transmitter, please set the direction of the throttle channel to "REV"
2) Turn on the transmitter and move the throttle to full and hold it there
3) Connect the battery pack to the esc. After 2 seconds a beep - beep tone can be heard
4) Now release the throttle to register neutral. The ESC will beep once

That should do it.

crabstick
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Marine 120amp one ? Sure you are not talking about the TURNIGY one ? not Hextronic ? as far as I know the Hextronic never came in a marine version. I have custom watercooled mine

frdvschvy
05-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Ahhh... that is what a Pistix is for. Learn something new every day. Now I just have to find one somewhere...

HappyOne
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Marine 120amp one ? Sure you are not talking about the TURNIGY one ? not Hextronic ? as far as I know the Hextronic never came in a marine version. I have custom watercooled mine

I do have the Turnigy one. The instructions posted are from that one but might work for the Hextronic one too. The Turnigy calibration instructions are pretty similar to the ones for a Hydra too so its a good bet that they will be similar too.