PDA

View Full Version : Toysport Triton build

Rumdog
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Bought this Triton a few days ago in the swap shop. she was pretty darn rough. so far i've done lots of filling and sanding. had to tear out some make-shift mounts in the hull . got her painted up today and cleared. waiting for some cf cloth to get in at ose to reinforce the motor mount area. here's whats gonna go under the hood. Kb45 xl, 1700kv. himodel 8s 200amp esc with etti capboard and water cooling plate. 2x3s packs (havent bought these guys yet). custom made (by myself) 3/16 stinger. and speedmaster rudder. I may upgrade to a neu when I get some extra cash. I really like this hull and the fact that it's self righting. This things gonna be a bullet!:rockon2:

Rumdog
05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
anyone running one of these currently? i've seen a lot of vids of these boats running with no trim tabs. seems that it doesn't need em?

Steven Vaccaro
05-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow, if thats the boat I think you bought, you turned her into a diamond! I haven't run a triton personally, but I do the syncron. Most of the syncrons out there dont have tabs either. But a set on mine made it a much better handling boat.

Rumdog
05-15-2009, 10:19 PM
thanks Steven! yeah, she was pretty beaten up. what do you suggest as a good prop to start with?

kburrows
05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
WOW! thats a great job, for what it was. Cant wait to see the finsh product.

bigpapa
05-19-2009, 11:44 AM
looks great cannot wait to see it finished

Doug Smock
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow, if thats the boat I think you bought, you turned her into a diamond!

No doubt. The transom on that hull looked like someone used it for target practice.:roflol:

Nice work,
Doug

Rumdog
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys. I should be getting some goodies in the mauil in the next couple of days, so the build will be progressing quickly!