PDA

View Full Version : My First Build Mean Machine

dtbmx522
05-14-2009, 02:01 PM
This is my first boat build, i've previously been running a stock supervee. Its got Feigao 12xl, hydra 240, running on 4S or 6S, not sure yet. i'm just waiting on my hydra 240 to get fixed as i bought a new one from tower and it was dead when i got it. Also, my first paintjob. let me know what you think, and any advice for setting this boat up right. thanks!

Jesse J
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I would suggest doing a search on this boat and reading all there is. You will save yourself some time/money/frustration. Good luck, great boat!

bustitup
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
This is my first boat build, i've previously been running a stock supervee. Its got Feigao 12xl, hydra 240, running on 4S or 6S, not sure yet. i'm just waiting on my hydra 240 to get fixed as i bought a new one from tower and it was dead when i got it. Also, my first paintjob. let me know what you think, and any advice for setting this boat up right. thanks!

i think you have an awesome start and your first paint job looks darn good...I think the parts you picked are a real nce combo

one big thing I see wrong in my opinion is the flex shaft is stickout of the stuffing tube wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far...that could get fouled up and tear the whole boat up

i would fix this by moving the motor closet to the back of the boat not just to fix that problem but your COG is way off

most of these boats have been set up with the front of the motor should be placed about 9 or 9 1/2" from the transome and then balance it with your batts from that point

all my opinion brother...hope it helps

bustitup
05-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I would also loose the "auto bailers"

Jesse J
05-14-2009, 02:33 PM
ditto on the paint job, I didn't see the pics when I first responded. I like lots.

bustit's got some good tips. I actually retro fitted my cable with a wire drive and eliminated the water siphoning that cable is notorious for. Silly cone up them bailers good, and I even made a silly cone hatch seal to finish the waterproofing.

DISAR
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Beautiful paint job! With a 12XL probably try 6s2p with a 42-45mm prop, it should be fast. Some setup tips are
Bottom of strut 3/16" above bottom of sponsons and parallel
COG around 9"