PDA

View Full Version : What have i done?

Gary
05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Dear god i just put togather the biggest pile of junk ive ever seen. I had a Bandit Larsony SAW hydro that i built, it was perfectly ballanced with a 1521 1.5d , 240 hydra 22 volts and a m645 prop. Boat had gone a best of 74mph but took a bad blowover one day at 70 and cracked up the hull in a few places. So i took guts out and put it all into a Miss Attitude hull, 1 inche longer and 2 inches wider out back. Swaped everything over close to the Bandit boat specs. I put this TURD in the water and i swear i fished it out 20 times. It does not have a turn fin yet turns on a dime. ??? It will dig the left sponson in for no reason on a flat water run and flip . ?? It will flip if you get off throttle to fast.?? The only way to get the boat to remotly get up to speed is to angle the prop at a crazy "prop up" angle up ...it did go 66 mph and ovecorse blew over. I shoved batteries all over with only slight changes in performance. What the hell did i do?. Ballance point is 2 inches past sponson. This boat hates me:doh::confused2:

Rumdog
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
did you block sand the sponsons? do they have any dihedral? try moving the cg forward? do you use a airdam? maybe start with a little smaller prop.

Ub Hauled
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd place the CG further forward, something like in the line of the sponsons... at least!

Gary
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
When i moved center of gravity forward ...i might as well have just put a bowling ball up front. It made things much worse. I took boat apart and i am going to move the motor back 1 inch and duplicate the sponsons on the bandit boat because they where set up for saw runs. Im telling you this boat turns on a dime WITH NO TURN FIN ............It needs the sponsons up more or something because even when i get out of the throttle it will start to slow and then just dig in and flip!!!! Funny thing is this is exactly what my Miss Vegas Electric did aswell and i figured it was just not able to handle the weight factor. It always needed ALOT of prop angle to get the nose up.

Ub Hauled
05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
how about lowering the strut, that'll change the angle of the front and give you more down force... is the bottom of the hull parallel to the water already or is there a bit more room for correction?

AndyKunz
05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Check your sponsons from the side. It could be that there is a slight bow, which near the rear edge will cause it to suck down the front of the boat. If you only have it on the left side, that would explain a LOT.

Also, play around with the CG and prop angles.

Andy

Gary
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I did and they look good. It seems that the boat is so nose heavy that its always digging in. Im moving the center of gravity way back and makeing some sponson mods. Trust me the prop angles to make boat stay afloat where crazy out of the norm i run............who knows but my old Miss Vegas boat did this same crap and i atributed it to just a poor hull design for the wieght it carried.

Gary
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok .all is well in my boating hell. I moved wieght to the rear and it did not help much. So i compared my sponsons to my bandit hull and decided to make angle shims for the sponsons increasing the angle of attack, just like the Bandit. Low and behold totally different boat. The boat glides across the water and now has a hard time turning, "no turn fin", All the crazy nose diving and god knows what else is gone.When i let of the throttle it no longer sucks itself down. My batts were all done but it managed a 71mph run to start so im real happy. Wish i figured this out with my many Miss Vegas hulls .Thanks to all for support. Illet you know what she tops out at sat. morning with fresh batteries.l