PDA

View Full Version : Boating Events in Illinois?

Marshall
05-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I have not been to a boating event yet, and I was wondering where I can find one in Illinois. Any suggestions where to look?

Thanks

shortround79
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Any luck on this? I'm in northern IL (Fox Lake vicinity).

AndyKunz
05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
I halfway between Clinton and Champaign, and have a good lake right across the road from my house. I'd have to get permission from the owner, but it would be cool to have somebody to run with besides my kids and a few friends from work.

Andy

T Nissen
02-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Check here: http://www.bataviarc.com/

They use to have an annual race as well as Fun Runs throughout the year. Although the Fun Runs have continued they haven't held the race for the last two years. According to the coordinator of the Batavia Nationals they are planning on having one again this year. Read through their website for more information. In the past the annual race was always the first weekend in August.

Hope this helps! :thumbup1:

AndyKunz
02-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow, Terrence, you sure resurrected an old thread!

Welcome to OSE!

Andy

T Nissen
02-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Haha, you're right I did. I'm kind of getting back into boating myself so I decided to look through all the threads in the club section to see what was out there and I guess I got excited when I saw a thread for IL. Figured I would go ahead and post in case there was still some interest.

Thanks for the welcome too. It's good to see some names on the boards that I recognize.