PDA

View Full Version : Delta Force 41 Maximum Weight?

Marshall
05-09-2009, 12:47 PM
What is the maximum weight in motor and batteries which could be added to the Delta Force 41 hull?

What I have here weighs roughly 7.2lbs, not including the radio and drive equipment.

Is this too much added weight?

Jesse J
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Marshall, welcome to the forum. Need to see your setup (pics) and for you to give us some more info, like motor/esc what batteries you want to run, sport/race, this will give us a chance to evaluate your situation.

Marshall
05-09-2009, 02:21 PM
It's a little absurd, which is why I didn't initially want to mention it.

Lehner 3060, and (2) Thunder Power 10S 5AH Ex V2 batts. Actually the total weight of said items is closer to 8lbs.

A friend offered the stuff to me at a very good price, and I want to shove it all in a smaller hull, like the 41.

Jesse J
05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Any pics? that sounds like a water-based missile! Does it float fully loaded?

Flyguy55
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Don't worry about the weight , Some of us have 40" + monos that weight 12 to 17 lbs, Sometimes we have to add weight to keep it on the water.

Marshall
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Any pics? that sounds like a water-based missile! Does it float fully loaded?

Hi Jesse,

I don't have pics because I don't actually own any of the things I mention, yet.

A friend is reducing his boating collection and offered the Lehner 3060 and 10S batts at a price nearly too good to pass. I want to build the boat using those items, and I wanted to find a hull which would make for a rocket, instead of putting it in a larger hull like I probably should. He had it in a 50+" catamaran. I thought the Delta 41 sounded like a charm of a choice, but wasn't sure if maybe it was too small.

Flyguy55, that is reassuring as well as the opposite! I hope this hull can stay on the water!

Looks like I will purchase the hull.