PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a toysport triton?

Rumdog
05-07-2009, 09:27 PM
interested in different setups and performance. i'm going to build this hull and plan on using 6s. curious as to motor size. i'd love a neu, but they're kinda pricey. thinking of a feigao 580L.

H&MWill
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I ran 8XL on 4S. Hard boat to setup

Rumdog
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
hmmm, hard as in finding cog or correct strut angle? did you use trim tabs?

G Doggett
05-08-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi Rumdog
I have a Toysport Triton running Feigao 8XL on 4S and it handles great.
It has the usual trim tabs and turn fin and adjustable 'stinger' drive.
I can post a few picture of my set up if you like.
Graham.

Rumdog
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
yeah, Graham that'd be awesome.

H&MWill
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Rumdog, I had the stepped hull which I think is why it was hard to get the setup right. Listen to Graham he knows all about these.

G Doggett
05-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Here ya go !
This is a non-stepped hull and the set up is completely conventional.
The homemade strut is adjustable by slackening the mounting bolts and pivotting it up or down, but it performs best with it level with the keel or ride pad.
Graham.

Rumdog
05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
NICE!!! I have the version w- the flood chamber. what kinda speed you seeing on 4s? where'd ya get them sweet OSE/Toysport decals?! that thing rocks man!

Flying Scotsman
05-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Here is a pic of my Triton with flood chamber. 5S..12XL...X442/640. The battery positions and ESC have moved since this photo..Speed about 45mph..I think

Please note this a pic from at least 4 years ago and my skills have marginally got better

Douggie

Rumdog
05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Looks real clean Douggie. I'm excited to be able to drive without the fear of flipping.
I've seen a few vids of this hull at the 60-70mph mark and it looks sweet!I'm gonna try to push this hull pretty hard I think.

G Doggett
05-09-2009, 11:32 PM
NICE!!! I have the version w- the flood chamber. what kinda speed you seeing on 4s? where'd ya get them sweet OSE/Toysport decals?! that thing rocks man!

The flood chamber is a real handy feature but as you can see mine doesn't include this.
Just have to drive more carefully and stay right side up!
When I first ran this boat we recorded 74 kph ( that's 45 mph for you non metric guys ) with GPS.
This boat is set up for 4S oval racing with a fairly conservative X442 prop, so with a more agressive prop it would probably go faster.
The handling is great at the speeds mine goes, but from what I have read the Triton gets a bit flighty at 50 + mph.
All my decals and graphics are done by a local shop. I supply pictures etc and he cuts them from vinyl, the OSE was copied from this website.
Graham.:rockon2:

EPower
05-10-2009, 02:53 AM
Here ya go !
This is a non-stepped hull and the set up is completely conventional.
The homemade strut is adjustable by slackening the mounting bolts and pivotting it up or down, but it performs best with it level with the keel or ride pad.
Graham.

Hi Graham what's happening haven't seen you around for a while don't let the dust build up on that boat :zip-up: Hope to catch up soon :beerchug:

Adrian

G Doggett
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi Adrian
I went down to the lake on Sunday with a few brave guys, seeing as how the weather was dodgy and it was Mothers Day!
I blew the cobwebs out of the Triton in between showers.
The main objective was to test the 'magic part' ( tunnel flap ) that I fitted to my Twin Jolly - it has transformed the cat, no more porpoising at all, and she rides dead flat with just a little nose up attitude at full speed.
I'll catch you at the lake next time mate.
Graham.:buttrock:

EPower
05-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Hi Adrian
I went down to the lake on Sunday with a few brave guys, seeing as how the weather was dodgy and it was Mothers Day!
I blew the cobwebs out of the Triton in between showers.
The main objective was to test the 'magic part' ( tunnel flap ) that I fitted to my Twin Jolly - it has transformed the cat, no more porpoising at all, and she rides dead flat with just a little nose up attitude at full speed.
I'll catch you at the lake next time mate.
Graham.:buttrock:

Good to hear :thumbup: might take the big boat out next weekend for a test run she's ready to go now :smile:

Cheers Adrian

Rumdog
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Graham, i saw a youtube vid of what i think is your jolly. if so, that thing is a rocket man!!