PDA

View Full Version : HOTMBC at the Dallas May Race!

txboatpilot
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Here are a couple pictures of Ray Nash, Jay Turner and Me with all the WOOD!!

I will post all the results from the electric classes tonight.. Overall we did very well and had a BLAST!! I was even able to pull out a 2nd place finish in Open Cat against the gassers!! LOTS of Fun!!

I will post more pictures later on tonight..

txboatpilot
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Here is a link to 200+ photos of the races!! LOTS OF FUN FUN FUN!!!

http://southernboysracing.shutterfly.com/2457

txboatpilot
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Big thanks to STEVEN V. here at OSE! With out his support it would be hard to keep my boats on the water!

Camman
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Good job fellas

Nice avitar txboatpilot :rockon2:

txboatpilot
05-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Good job fellas

Nice avitar txboatpilot :rockon2:

BIG Thanks to Camman for the SWEEEEET pictures of my Conquest in ACTION! Too bad he did not get any of the Whiplash in action.. Also,, Thanks for pitting for me!!

txboatpilot
05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Here is a link to some more pictures of the race..http://hotmbc.net/gallery/Carrollton-2009

Next race is Sept. 5th & 6th.... COME ON DOWN AND GO RACING!!!!

txboatpilot
05-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Here are the official results..... What a great showing of the HOTMBC crew's FE power!!!

Open Cat (gassers)
1st. Chan Chung
2nd. Richard Rogers
3rd. Billy Hale

LSH
1st. Ray Nash
2nd. Jim Vaughn
3rd. Jay Turner

Sport Hydro 4S
1st. Jay Tuner
2nd. Jim Vaughn
3rd. Tom Taggart

Q-Open 6S
1st. Richard Rogers
2nd. Tom Taggart
3rd. Jim Vaughn

LSO
1st. Greg Gurst
2nd. Rob Carroll
3rd. Ray Nash

T-Open 10S
1st. Jim Vaughn
2nd. Richard Rogers
3rd. Jay Turner

P Open 4S / .18 RTR
1st. Steve Muck
2nd. Jay Turner
3rd. Eric Perez

Doby
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats to Rich and the gang!

Doug Smock
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Very cool!!! Congratulations guys!!

txboatpilot
05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats to Rich and the gang!

Yea,, I have too say Ray Nash's LSO Mean Machine was one of my favorites of the weekend.. As well as Jay Turners new Aeromarine P-Hydro.. Seeing Tom Taggerts building skills in person is a real treat! He has some of the nicest Hydros I have seen...

Fluid
05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
As usual this was a great race! Rich doesn't tell the whole story though. In the first heat of Open Cat he dominated the gas boats with his 10S boat, then in the second heat he had a radio problem that kept him out of first. Had he not had that problem he'd have won the class easily....

The P Open/.18 RTR class was something else. Eight boats ran, half FE and half RTRs, mixed hulls from monos to hydros. It was a challenge! Steve Muck's Neu-powered Muck mono was the class of the field, easily with the most speed of all of us. My Titan 40 was second fastest but not by too much. The final heat saw Steve and I jump the start putting us a lap down. But we were able to finish our 7 laps on the 1/6th mile course ahead of everyone else by lapping them. I finished first in that heat only because Steve dove to the bottom of the pond for about 15 seconds, allowing me to comfortably pass over him. What a hoot!

Doug Smock
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Hydros and Monos, I bet that was a hoot!! :thumbup:

txboatpilot
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
As usual this was a great race! Rich doesn't tell the whole story though. In the first heat of Open Cat he dominated the gas boats with his 10S boat, then in the second heat he had a radio problem that kept him out of first. Had he not had that problem he'd have won the class easily....

The P Open/.18 RTR class was something else. Eight boats ran, half FE and half RTRs, mixed hulls from monos to hydros. It was a challenge! Steve Muck's Neu-powered Muck mono was the class of the field, easily with the most speed of all of us. My Titan 40 was second fastest but not by too much. The final heat saw Steve and I jump the start putting us a lap down. But we were able to finish our 7 laps on the 1/6th mile course ahead of everyone else by lapping them. I finished first in that heat only because Steve dove to the bottom of the pond for about 15 seconds, allowing me to comfortably pass over him. What a hoot!

Yea,, I forgot about that Steve Muck's "scuba diving lesson" LOL Sure was funny too see in person!

Jay,, thanks for reminding me of my "brain freeze" on the second heat of Open Cat.. What a HOOT,,, I was having soo soo soo much fun WALKING those gas boats down the straights!! Next time I will pay more attention to my radio and bring home the BACON!

EXPLINATION::
In the second heat of Open Cat I had my transmitter set for my Whiplash Q-hydro.. The sterring was opposite from what it should have been on the Cat,,, I had to drive the race with my sterring going in the wrong direction.. Still managed to come out in 4th that heat...

txboatpilot
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Few more pictures..

Forth picture is a fake back ground.. But Sat. at 3-4pm this is what we got with 60-70 mph wind gusts... Shut us down until Sun. morning..

Doby
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Hole-E-Crap, that pic of the drivers stand and the storm is wild!!!