PDA

View Full Version : Water in hull, reciever won't work!!

jingalls007
05-01-2009, 09:40 AM
So I was dumb and forgot to add grease to my cable last night before going out. Not only does the grease provide the neccessary lubrication for the shaft but it also acts as a water sealer so that water doesn't get inside the hull through the shaft. I took apart receiver last night, let it dry, and walla it works again this morning and no issues. Just wanted to share this, always lube the shaft after every run, duh! :smile:

Fluid
05-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually gease is not the best "seal" too keep out water. Far better to add a short length of silicon tubing to the stuffing tube, providing a 'real' seal and letting you use a thinner oil for less drag on the cable. I used gear oil and never got water in the hull with the original teflon liner with the setup shown.

jingalls007
05-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Actually gease is not the best "seal" too keep out water. Far better to add a short length of silicon tubing to the stuffing tube, providing a 'real' seal and letting you use a thinner oil for less drag on the cable. I used gear oil and never got water in the hull with the original teflon liner with the setup shown.

Nifty, ill add it tonight.