PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 Eagle Tree Data with Grimracer L42x66 Prop

LuckyDuc
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I finished balancing and sharpening the Grimracer L42x66 prop this afternoon and took it for a test run. I REALLY like this prop. The amps and watts are much lower than the Octura m445 and it is MUCH more stable… especially in the corners. The top speed on my first run was only 49.3mph, but my average speed was 37.4mph. Compared to the other props I tested so far, it is a bit slower in the straights, but the speed is more consistent throughout the entire 3 minute run. I will do some more testing with it tomorrow and possibly get my wife to video tape it.

BTW: My strut was set at 1” below the hull with approximately 2 degrees of angle. She had no trouble at all getting on plane.

Temp A = Motor Temp
Temp B = ESC/Battery connector
Temp C = ESC/Motor connector <<<< Check out the peak for Temp C :flammes-09:

Drag Boat Bob
04-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow that seems hot! Probably a good thing that you didn’t go any longer than 3 minutes.

Is that a new temperature point?

Capt. Crash
04-29-2009, 08:07 AM
The temps on some of those props your testing makes me think the 40X57/3 is the way to go. It runs cool and if I can get 50 out of it, one of the experts here should be able to squeeze another 5 mph out of it. It may not be the fastest prop in the straights or the corners but it is a good compromise. Maybe Grim knew what he was doing when he put it on this boat? :w00t:

Crash

LuckyDuc
04-29-2009, 09:08 AM
I moved Temp sensor C to the top of the motor bullet connector. Those little 4mm connectors seem to be the weak link now that I've replaced all of the Deans Ultra connectors with 5.5mm bullets. I guess I'll be upgrading those next. I really wish that the stock ESC came with 12 or 10 guage wire instead of 14 guage.

I wish that I would have had the 3rd temp sensor when I was testing the L40x57x3 to see what the motor bullet connector was doing. I may re-test that prop to get a temp reading there.

line6
05-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Hay, Lucy where on the motor do you have the temp prob at. Thanks

LuckyDuc
05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
It is a loop style temp sensor. I slid it over the back of the motor can and taped it down.