PDA

View Full Version : Skunkworks cat project

ride1226
04-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, the package arrived in the mail yesterday! 29in Skunkworks cat with the standoff on the back. She came in a crappy coat of red so my immediate intentions where to tear her down and clean her up. Made a list of things to get and out I went. Last night I spent almost 3 hours wetsanding the hull. Some spots on the bottom went straight from red to white then I even get a little bit of the hull itself to show, but in other parts of the boat I have gone from red, to black, to a light blue, then yellow, then white. Needless to say there is alot of coats on this boat. Well, my arm is tired, most parts of the boat are down to white, some red still left hear and there, but everything, every nook and cranny is dulled and sanded smooth. Is it safe to lay a primer onto this? After than will be some Kandy Purple coats and then a clear coat to seal it all.

My next question is onto the hardware. The hardware is Octura, needs a little sanding and cleaning itself to look nicer. But, the rudder has a very very small bend on its sharp side. Even with my fingers I was able to straighten it out but still Im ocd and dont trust it. Is there replacement rudders that would be recomended?

Last but not least is my prop question. If im recalling correctly it came with a x640 which I was told was a great all around prop for this setup. Im running 4s and all SV motor and esc. If I wanted to prop to something for better runtimes I was recomended the x440. Question is, all the props here at OSE show as out of stock, If I order one can it be got and then pre balanced like the other ones on the site then shipped out, or is out of stock mean out of stock period.

Thanks guys! Cant wait to get this thing up to my standards and get some pics for you all! In the meantime Ill be running my Titan 29.

-Chris