PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft ul-1 hull part no?

motronic
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Well the first ? UL-1 in Greece maid its maiden cruise in the cold waters of cyclades this Easter and with a lot of suprises, one of which was a full speed crash on the rocks.... just don't boather asking howLOL I havent figured out yet!!!
Any of you Gurus nows how to order and if possible the hukk its self with nothing else?:doh:

Raydee
04-25-2009, 06:13 PM
As far as I know they don't sell just the hull but that may have changed by now.

LarrysDrifter
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I called Hobbico and requested a replacement hull for my ul1.Just ask nice.I paid about 160 dollars for it tho.And the funny thing was,the lines arent as crisp as the original and the hole for the steering rod was drilled way to low.The rod rubbed the top of the hole.And the sponsons are supposed to have a point on the outer corners at the front side area.One is shaped right but the other is rounded off.And the hatch doesnt sit quite level with the hull like the original either.It works but seems like I got a factory mess up with blemishes.I made it work though.They should have a part # for the hull.It would make alota sense.Seems like the replacement parts are limited to just a few things.If you buy a rtr car or truck,you can sure get anything you want,why not when you buy an aquacraft rtr boat?

Fluid
05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Offering a replacement UL-1 hull made no sense. They did offer spare hulls for the SV27 and sold very few of them. Since AquaCraft is in the business to make a profit - not to inventory parts that don't sell - their decision make good business sense. Apparently they do sell some seconds though...

ncornacchi
05-29-2010, 05:19 AM
Offering a replacement UL-1 hull made no sense. They did offer spare hulls for the SV27 and sold very few of them. Since AquaCraft is in the business to make a profit - not to inventory parts that don't sell - their decision make good business sense. Apparently they do sell some seconds though...

To bad they don't..especially seeing how easy they crack, split and break...don't get me wrong, I love the UL (have 5 of them), but I spend more time fixing and painting them then I care to talk about, would be nice just to buy a new blank hull platform and move the components around

Fluid
05-29-2010, 09:28 AM
You won't get an argument from me on that point, mine is virtually unusable now. Obviously AQ didn't expect that particular problem - perhaps that's why they have made some 'seconds' available.....

BHChieftain
05-29-2010, 10:56 AM
On the bright side, if just order a new one you'll have some spare parts from the first boat...

Can probably sell the extra radio here at the swap shop, and I'm sure the motor would sell quickly as well...

Chief