PDA

View Full Version : Hitec hs5745mg 1/4 scale & 3pm FASST

EPower
04-25-2009, 03:43 AM
HI I'm using a Hitec Hs 5745 mg 1/4 scale servo in my big hull is this a digital servo? with my 3PM FASST radio do i run it in HRS mode or PPM mode with this servo?in the manual it says to run HRS mode if you using futaba digital servo is it only for futaba digital servos or all digital servos :confused:
Thanks Adrian

Gerwin Brommer
04-25-2009, 05:03 AM
If the HRS is used, you must use digital servo's.
Yes, the Hitec is digital.
You can use any digital servo you like, HRS is between transmitter and receiver.
The receiver doesn't care/mind what type of servo to control.
PPm mode is the most simple "connection" bewteen RX and TX.
I would try to avoid using PPM.

EPower
04-25-2009, 05:25 AM
If the HRS is used, you must use digital servo's.
Yes, the Hitec is digital.
You can use any digital servo you like, HRS is between transmitter and receiver.
The receiver doesn't care/mind what type of servo to control.
PPm mode is the most simple "connection" bewteen RX and TX.
I would try to avoid using PPM.

Thanks Gerwin you are always a great helper,so on my other boat that i'm running an analog servo i can still run HRS or only PPm ?
Thanks Adrian

Gerwin Brommer
04-25-2009, 05:46 AM
HRS checks the signal between RX and TX about 250 times per second.
A normal analog servo can't keep up with that, so PPM would be better in that case.

EPower
04-25-2009, 05:51 AM
HRS checks the signal between RX and TX about 250 times per second.
A normal analog servo can't keep up with that, so PPM would be better in that case.

Cheers Gerwin BTW how's the big mono coming along ? any more progress on it i was actually wnting to buy that same hull when i was looking for a big Dvee but opted on the Chaparral

Gerwin Brommer
04-25-2009, 06:14 AM
No progress yet.
I'm raising funds to buy some carbon-tape, have the motor upgraded by Plettenberg, and the esc. upgraded by Schulze.
And I just payed for/received the hardware for my other (even bigger) boat : CT-03