PDA

View Full Version : Best Prop for N1 Mono ??

defsaturn6501
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi, I am a boat newbie, but trying to learn fast. I have a question regarding my N1 Mono boat. Its is a 25" Skunkworks mono "ie. Delta Force Copy" with 3/16 shaft currently running a 35mm plastic prop, 27 Turn Brushed ROAR Trinity P2K Motor. With the current prop its runs pretty well, gets on plain fairly quickly, with a little bit of heat, nothing too crazy. What Prop would make this sucker a little faster and maybe run a little cooler. Thanks so much for helpin a newb out!

Darin Jordan
04-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Here is my answer from RRR:

On my N1-Monos w/ 27T motors, I run Octura X435s, thinned and tweaked... Won the 2007 Nats with this setup. Some hulls also like the X632, or the Y535.

In all these cases, however, if the props aren't properly thinned and prepared, you may run too warm... especially in a 25" hull... All of my N2 Hulls are 22" or less... and VERY light...

Also, that particular hull may not be the best choice for a brushed 27T application for N1... might have too much drag. Can you shoot us some pics of the bottom and from the back (and any others that you can include) so we can see the bottom and V-Angle... There may be some mods you can do to give it more lift and loosen it up a bit... We had one of the Delta Force hulls like that and there just wasn't enough power to really make it go...

Meniscus
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Welcome to OSE = OffShore Electrics!

Please be patient and check back to see a response to your post. There are many users that check-in during the day, but many more check-in during the evenings or late afternoon. Having not owned the hull you are using, I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. However I guarantee that there are many here who have one or have had one in the past that can provide some excellent guidance.

It may be helpful to identify the ESC = Electronic Speed Controller you are using as well as the batteries you are using in this setup. :thumbup1:

Meniscus
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh well, too slow! I just wanted to make sure new members were responded to. ;)

hookedup
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
excuse me Defsaturn6501, Darin....

Meniscus!! Dude, in 8 months over 1.300 posts!!!! holy:censored: thats impresive!!!!!:rockon2::rockon2::rockon2:

Meniscus
04-24-2009, 12:51 AM
:ohmy: Yeah, I'm not proud though :tongue_smilie: :thumbsdown:

I got a little carried away: asking this question and that, getting back into RC and all this great new stuff!!!

:rofl:

Don't be impressed. I'm always learning and still, I don't claim to know anything. I know better. I can't experience everything, nor can anyone else. That's what makes the forum so great! You can share your experiences and gain knowledge through others sharing their experiences. Plus, you can't beat the members here! => Kind, patient, understanding, sympathizing, and always willing to help out another boater wherever they can.

hookedup
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
That's what makes the forum so great! You can share your experiences and gain knowledge through others sharing their experiences. Plus, you can't beat the members here! => Kind, patient, understanding, sympathizing, and always willing to help out another boater wherever they can.

totally true :iagree:

back on subject... Def- i have an Ovalmaster 21 and have tried a few different props, the X632 was best for top speed. the Y535 was just as fast, but the boat seemed too loose in the turns at speed. i have since changed the set-up to brushless power! a 7S with a hex120 on 2S lipo, first run will be this afternoon:w00t: