PDA

View Full Version : questions about running in rivers

uh60
04-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi new to boats, was wondering if anybody runs their boats in rivers. I was looking at a deep v type boat because of the rougher water conditions. I like the reliablity of electrics, and was thinking that it would be good in a river.

What do you guys think. Also is a 26, 27 V inch too small?

Mash13
04-21-2009, 04:02 AM
depends on the river. I wouldnt recomend a river with waterfalls etc lol
I run in a river but the current isnt noticable. I have a sv27 and it loves it

Tony
04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Ran my cats on the lake, but the water currents on windy days can be as choppy as on the river. No offense to you Mash13, but I heard sv27 flip alot on choppy water. uh60, if you want to do alot of water hopping. Take a look at the Traxxas Villian EX 14.4v on Youtube.

Doby
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Running on rivers= no problem,,,,IF you can figure out a way to retrieve it if (WHEN) things fail. And don't kid yourself, they will.

Steven Vaccaro
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Doby is correct, one of my customers lost his boat in a river. I would suggest running up against the flow, than coming back to you with the flow and around again. That way if it fails, the boat will be coming towards you, instead of away from you down river.

properchopper
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
The Traxxas Villian 14 volt is perfect for what you're after. Plenty of freeboard & loves it rough.

uh60
04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I will have to look into the traxxas. I was mostly looking at the pro boat and aquacraft brands. I do like traxxas in the car market though.

Oh my only boat experience is with a sailboat I picked up in a trade. The boat was on the lake for maybe 2 minutes and sunk. The winds were too strong and I didn't know anything about sealing the cowling area. Anyways I ready to try again.