PDA

View Full Version : Stock Receiver relocated and sealed?

brad65
04-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Hey guys, my receiver works fairly well, but I'm worried about water and I hate that its attached to the hatch. Has anybody relocated it and sealing it better then the stock ballon. How about epoxy or sylicon?

SweetZ28
04-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Heres what i do with all my receivers... i take them apart and spray the boards with a coat of corrosion X spray and dab the excess off with a paper towel and then put it back in it's case and in a balloon if you wish... I did this with a receiver and esc and put it under water out of there cases and they ran under water after this treatment with no problems!

You may be able to use WD40 if you don't have carrosion X .

brad65
04-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Heres what i do with all my receivers... i take them apart and spray the boards with a coat of corrosion X spray and dab the excess off with a paper towel and then put it back in it's case and in a balloon if you wish... I did this with a receiver and esc and put it under water out of there cases and they ran under water after this treatment with no problems!

You may be able to use WD40 if you don't have carrosion X .

that sounds good, but I'm thinking about epoxying the case shut or something permanent. Maybe a very small topourware container just to fit the receiver in and silicone the wire that com out. Humm I don't know what to do yet.:unsure:

SweetZ28
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
that sounds good, but I'm thinking about epoxying the case shut or something permanent. Maybe a very small topourware container just to fit the receiver in and silicone the wire that com out. Humm I don't know what to do yet.:unsure:

Buy the waterproof box for the traxxas slash that should work.

brad65
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Buy the waterproof box for the traxxas slash that should work.

Nah,,, I made my own LOL. I'm loving this mod game. My wife has so many little sealed containers I found a small one just the size of the receiver. Before I installed everything and sealed the wires with Welder Glue(love that stuff) I took apart the receiver and used a rust proofing oil spray. I'm making my own Blackjack 24 Jr hehe. I also relocated the antenna to a fixed location out back and epoxyed a pin down style latch. I tested it today and everything worked great no water in or around the receiver and I can remove the hatch without pulling on the antenna.

SweetZ28
04-14-2009, 05:17 PM
That should work alot of guy's do the same for scale trail runner 4X4 trucks so mud and water don't get on the electronics.