PDA

View Full Version : Mean Machine or Vac-U-Pickle

ride1226
04-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Trying to decide how I wanna go. This will be my first FE so I want it to be an easy build (if I decide to do it myself), not need anything rediculous to power it, be able to turn LEFT AND RIGHT, handle a little chop easily, and if I can hit 40-45 mph I will have a smile on my face. Also, which boat can be built most cost effectively. I dont need a neu setup or anything like that. Thanks all.

andym
04-13-2009, 03:00 AM
able to turn LEFT AND RIGHT, handle a little chop easily, and if I can hit 40-45 mph I will have a smile on my face. Also, which boat can be built most cost effectively. I dont need a neu setup or anything like that
With this in mind it would be the mean machine, they are very diiferent boats. The cat will turn left and right well and handle chop OK.

ride1226
04-13-2009, 03:12 AM
For a first timer, how hard would it be to build a mean machine? Also, what kinda power system will get me where I want?

andym
04-13-2009, 03:36 AM
There are some great Mean Machine build threads on this site, do a search. As far as power an 8xl Feigao with a Etti 150 esc on 4s lipo would be a good reliable power solution with plenty of speed. I have not built one but there are alot of guy's on here who have,

ride1226
04-13-2009, 03:52 AM
Would that HobbyLine or whatever its called 200amp esc be ok or do people tend to have problems with them? Also, with a 4s1p 5000mah lipo, what sort of running times would one expect? That hull seems alot roomier than the vac-u-pickle thats for sure which means an easier build for me.