PDA

View Full Version : Got Mine Last Night

longballlumber
06-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Well,

I received my SV27 last night. I have to say, I am a little disappointed. Upon arrival, one of the stringers was busted at the narrow end. I can see where that can be a weakness not much material there. Most of the wooden “skeleton” was lose from the hull bottom. I went ahead and striped everything out and off of the hull to prep for the fixing and “beefing up”. The battery trays were the only thing that I couldn’t get out, but I am still going to try and re-enforce with West Systems and some fiberglass cloth. What I ended up doing is taking the stringers that run the length of the boat and laying fiberglass and West Systems epoxy on both sides of each stringer. Then I let is cure overnight with a book laying on top to keep the stringers straight and pressure on the wet fiberglass. This should make the stringer much stronger than they started… Tonight I am going to use 30min to reassemble the rest of the wooden skeleton back in to the hull. I will keep you updated on the progress…

Despite the issues that have shown up, I am still excited about the boat. With the right preparation, I think this is going to be a fun little boat.

ozboater
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah, i think the QC on these things is a little dodgy... mine arrived with a crack in the side... shes even more scarred now tho'... had a minor run in with the dock yesterday... :)

Jeepers
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
that glue they use is crap, you can wiggle the battery trays with pliers and they will pop right out its also reccomended that you remove them! On my aquacraft Miss Vegas I removed the stuffing tube and the glue in about 5 seconds. just by wiggling it with my hand! Enjoy theSVs are a blast!